Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
neck vein pain?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

neck vein pain?

Hi I forgot to ask about this last time.  I have multiple untreated ASDs and suffer from severe orthostatic hypotension or maybe even POTS.  I was wondering if shunting  ASDs could affect my blood pressure?

The other thing I wanted to ask was when my pressure and heart rate goes up at all I get pain and pressure in my neck veins, could this be related and do I need to mention it to cardiologist.  I also take about 10 mins of 40% oxygen for chronic fatigue syndrome from an oxygen converter and this seems to make the neck vein thing worse?  What's the significants?

thank you for your time.