Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
racing heart beat
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

racing heart beat

I have had a racing heart beat - 100 - 150 bpm.  This has been going on for the past week.  I have gone to the er 3 times - and the ekg etc is ok- Is there a point that a heart going at this rate will hurt itself?  My chest hurts, I am short of breath.  This happens every afternoon into the night.  I wake with a 100+bpm every morning.  The lowest it has gotten is 78bpm - that was with demoral.  What should I do?