Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
racing heart beat

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

racing heart beat
I have had a racing heart beat - 100 - 150 bpm.  This has been going on for the past week.  I have gone to the er 3 times - and the ekg etc is ok- Is there a point that a heart going at this rate will hurt itself?  My chest hurts, I am short of breath.  This happens every afternoon into the night.  I wake with a 100+bpm every morning.  The lowest it has gotten is 78bpm - that was with demoral.  What should I do?
You need to see a cardiologist and have an evaluation and a 24 hour monitor to determine the cause of your symptoms.