Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
septic anureysm

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

septic anureysm
I am a 44 African American woman and I was recently rushed to the hospital with chest pains after an abnormal EKG.  After all the tests returned negative, the cardiologist told me that I had a septic anureysm.  I follow up for fuirther testing tomorrow.  How potentially dangerous is this for my health and my future?

SLS
Where is the aneurysm and how was it found?
It was found on the left chamber of my heart.  During the testing in the hospital to rule out cardiac disease, it was discovered in the echocardiogram.