Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
skips and fast heartbeats

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

skips and fast heartbeats

I have had all necessary tests to find out I have a normal heart.  I have suffered terribly over the years over skipped beats and runs of fast beats.  They cannot find anything wrong with my heart.  I even have had 2 EP studies on my instance that something is wrong.

Can you tell me if you think it is normal for a person to have around 100 pauses in there heartbeat a day when you feel it do a double beat or stop and then do a hard beat?  I don't know anyone else that has these horrible things.  I also sometimes (maybe once a month of so) where I can feel my heart just going fast and then pause and then thump and back to normal.  I usually get this for no reason when I am sitting relaxing or going to sleep.  It goes fast for about 20 beats and then goes thump and back to normal.  I have had echo's, holters, stress test, EP study and as I say they find nothing wrong and say I have a normal heart.  Would you say it is a normal heart with all these weird things going on?  Also I wanted to mention that the slightest amount of stress or feeling anxious I will be some weird beats.  Would that be a bad thing do you think?  It stresses me out!

Thanks.
If all your tests are normal I think you are perhaps over-worrying a bit. I don't want to minimize your symptoms but I am very surprised that you have had 2 EP studies (which have some risk) for very little benefit. Perhaps this is an anxiety disorder? I think you should look into that possibility. Good luck to you