Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
skips and fast heartbeats
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

skips and fast heartbeats

I have had all necessary tests to find out I have a normal heart.  I have suffered terribly over the years over skipped beats and runs of fast beats.  They cannot find anything wrong with my heart.  I even have had 2 EP studies on my instance that something is wrong.

Can you tell me if you think it is normal for a person to have around 100 pauses in there heartbeat a day when you feel it do a double beat or stop and then do a hard beat?  I don't know anyone else that has these horrible things.  I also sometimes (maybe once a month of so) where I can feel my heart just going fast and then pause and then thump and back to normal.  I usually get this for no reason when I am sitting relaxing or going to sleep.  It goes fast for about 20 beats and then goes thump and back to normal.  I have had echo's, holters, stress test, EP study and as I say they find nothing wrong and say I have a normal heart.  Would you say it is a normal heart with all these weird things going on?  Also I wanted to mention that the slightest amount of stress or feeling anxious I will be some weird beats.  Would that be a bad thing do you think?  It stresses me out!

Thanks.