Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
stress echocardiogram

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

stress echocardiogram
If a stress echocardiogram shows the heart is structurally sound when done five years ago does it need to  be repeated? In other words is it necessary to repeat the procedure if it was done for checking PVC's etc. I have  been having some tachycardia , related I think to panic attacks as well as excercise.  Do I need to be reevaluated again?
If you have new symptoms then it would seem appropriate to repeat the test and I don't think a five year interval is to short to repeat the test.  Some of the symptoms are exercise related so this should be a good test for you.