Interventional Cardiology Expert Forum
very confused
About This Forum:

Questions in the Interventional Cardiology forum are answered by medical professionals affiliated with the Truman Medical Center. Topics covered include acute coronary syndrome, angina , atrial fibrillation , cardiac catheterization , cardiomyopathy , drug abuse & cardiac disease, echocardiography , heart failure , hypertension & heart disease , lipid management , minorities and heart disease, peripheral vascular disease prevention, valvular heart disease , women’s heart health, and the warning signs of a heart attack.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

very confused

Hello

I have chest pain every day and scored 2.9 on Duke Activity score. I take nitro spray which relieves pain most of the time.
So he is probably going to do MRI with gadolinium and probably dobutamine or adenosine. What I want to know is how sensitive is this test? I really cant afford any more misdiagnosis. If it tests positive then can they tell the difference between ischemia from small or large arteries?
The doctor said I would probably have to follow on with angiogram if it is positive.Well if I am going to have to do angiogram anyway then I wondered about angiogram using adenosine to test the small vessels? Is that a safe test? It sounds risky.
Thankyou very much for any advice.