Do you have strange unexplained symptoms
Have you, someone you know, or a close family member, parent, grandparent or sibling ever have had or currently suffer with any of the following...and remain undiagnosed, even after many years of going to doctors and getting sent to multiple specialists and suffering through multiple tests and scans, all that show up `normal`` or inconclusive...

Chronic fatigue...
Sore and painful or tender joints, particularly knee, hips, wrist, hands, thumbs and first two fingers on hands...
Brain fog, memory loss, confusion...
Muscle aches, body pain, that can come and go...
Headaches, sometimes severe, sometimes daily, some that don`t respond to medication...
Abdominal pain, on right side, under rib cage, or lower in abdomen, abdominal distention and fluid retention...
IBS, colitis...
Feel cold, chilled, trembles, weakness...
Heart palpitations, flutters, breathlessness, see stars...
Sweats, hot flashes...
Low libido, loss of sex drive, hypogonadism, irregular periods, or cessation (stopping periods), or early menopause...
Skin problems, dry skin, rashes that come and go, psoriasis, rosacea, fingernail or toe ridges vertically or horizontally...
Anemia, iron deficiency...
Prostate problems...
Incontinence...
Nausea, vomiting, fevers that come and go...
Abnormal and elevated liver enzymes that stay elevated for no reason that can be attributed to other disease, alcohol, or hepatitis...
Vision problems, watery itchy eyes, floaters, blurry, vision loss, progressive or intermittant...
Pancreas problems, gallstones, kidney stones, bile duct disease, gallbladder removal due to inflammation or disease...
Hypothyroidism, or thyroid symptoms or issues...
Neurological problems, arthropathy, personality changes, irritability, depression, anger issues, mood swings...
Enlarged heart, spleen, liver, pancreas...
Lesions or nodules on pancreas, liver...
Polyps on colon, or colon cancer...
Been told you may have fibromyalgia, MS, Lupus, or Lyme disease...but dr.s can`t quite pinpoint the cause of your symptoms or tests for these show negative...

Then........

You need to consider the common and genetic disorder called Hereditary Hemochromatosis...otherwise known as Iron Overload. Iron is a toxic metal that builds to excess in the bodies of people who for genetic reasons load iron from birth instead of getting rid of excess iron. This creates iron toxicity, which in turn, does damage to multiple organs, tissues and joints. Even small amounts in excess of what our bodies needs causes damage and is not optimal for overall good health, leading to a host of other diseases, immune system compromise, free radicals that encourage cancer growth and leave you vulnerable to fighting off viruses such as Hepatitis.

Early detection is key, and doctors are missing the important early warning signs, INSTEAD, looking for what they have been taught in medical training to look for, the three CLASSIC symptoms which are END STAGE...cirrhosis, diabetes related to liver cirrhosis, and bronze skin (ever tan). Latest research has shown that these three classic symptoms are by then too late, and patient has irreversible organ and tissue damage and joint degenerationby this point of diagnosis that cannot be resolved. IF, HOWEVER, the iron overload symptoms are detected early, many of the disease manifestations and subsequent problems can be avoided, with normal life expectancy. The longer left undetected, and thus untreated, the more compromised a person`s body, immune system and body functions become, leading to shorter life expectancy and death.

Liver cirrhosis, diabetes, cancers, and arthritis can be PREVENTED if iron overload is detected in the early stages.

Who are affected...

This is usually a genetic mutation found predominantly in people of European descent, Irish and Scottish seems to be affected the most, but French, and UK and Australia have high prevelance. In Ireland, the number is 1in 3 or 4 are carriers of one or two mutations of the HFE gene, and will develop symptoms. Some with the mutation can also be healthy carriers, never becoming symptomatic, but pass it on to their children, or their sibling may develop symptoms, while others won`t. Main thing is, if someone suspects they may have iron overload, they need to get checked, it is a simple blood test, and if diagnosed then all first-degree relatives need to be tested. This can help all family members with early detection.

Women are affected as much as men, however men show signs sooner, and are diagnosed sooner than women due to the fact that women menstruate and give birth, and so natural blood loss every month results in less iron accumulation than men. So men are diagnosed usually in their 40`s and 50`s and women 10-15 years later, usually after menopause. But men and women who iron load will begin to exhibit early warnings signs, sometimes in teens and early 20`s, doctors just don`t attribute it to iron overload, but often diagnose the often unspecific symptoms as something else, or in the presence of `normal`` blood panels and routine blood work they prescribe either pain killers for the symptomatic pain or anti-depressants for the symptoms they attribute to depression or other neurological issues.

Parkinson`s, Alzheimers, MS, cancers, all have links to iron overload, and new studies can show the link to these common disorders and conditions. Dr. Zamboni has been a recent pioneer into the MS and iron link, curing his wife and many others of MS by restoring normal blood flow to and from brain and removing iron that was stored and blocked in the brain by vein blockages. Once the iron is cleared out of brain, and healthy levels restored, the MS and symptoms have disappeared, even the brain lesions. It is exciting and breakthrough findings like this that have given MS sufferers a ray of hope that they no longer have to have a life long sentence of suffering and progressive debilitation.

Some organs that iron loads onto causing co-disease...pituitary gland, thyroid, pancreas, liver, heart, brain...
Some tissues affected are intestines, soft connective tissues, muscles...
Some joints affected are hips, knees, wrists, hands, and thumb and first two fingers on hand in particular.

Some common cause of death related to damage from iron overload...

Congestive heart failure
Diabetes
Liver cirrhosis
Colon cancer...among many more.

What tests do you need...

You need to ask for screening for iron overload, which includes serum ferritin, transferrin saturation %, TIBC or UIBC, and serum iron. Also it is a good idea to get your liver enzymes checked, as this will determine if there is liver damage present. Elevated liver enzymes are a red flag for physicians to check further into root causes, iron overload being one.

I can help with questions, I can help direct where to research and how to consult with your doctor.

I hope this forum will help someone with their unanswered questions and lead to information...with information and sharing we can get to the bottom of this common and rarely diagnosed genetic disorder.

Good health wishes to all, and I am here any time to answer any questions, and what I don`t know I can suggest research, and I am not a dr. just someone who has investigated this disorder because of love for my husband who was recently diagnosed and because of his diagnosis I found my own iron overload at the early stage.

I appreciate all the tests that you list.
It would be helpful if you also posted the optimal results for each test (not the normal results but the optimal results).
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
stevesevek joined this group
Welcome them!
01/14
catmaree joined this group
Welcome them!
06/13
panda2526 is changing the carpets! Comment
12/12