Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Abdominal bloating and Thinner stools

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Abdominal bloating and Thinner stools

My stools are thinner than normal and have been much smaller than they used to be and After bowl movements I fell like I still need to go. Im also experiencing abdominal bloating and uncomfort. Ive noticed this off and on for over a month but it has been a bit worse it the past 2 weeks... I might just be paranoid by my weigh has gone up 4 pounds in the last week as well. I am 22 and I would say pretty healthy I eat fruits and vegetables just about everyday and go to the gym 4 times a week doing light cardio but mostly lifting. I have tried eating Activia and taking fiber supplements to see if it might help but nothing has seemed to of changed... In May I had surgery to remove 2 prolapsed hemorrhoids, not sure if that has anything to do with it but not long after it was healed is when I noticed the problem. My stomach just does not feel right and Im afraid of it getting worse.
Have you notified your doctor about this? And just how thin are your stools?
For peace of mind consult with you doc.
I have made an appointment to see him but they couldn't get me in till the 19th. They're not super thin or anything I would say about cigar size or smaller sometimes.. and small amounts every time. And now im afraid to eat a lot because for one I feel full most the time, and then also Im scared its just building up in there you know? My stomach in the past few days especially has felt really bloated and I notice it protruding at times... Also my stools mostly float which Ive heard can be associated with gas and also excess fat but It would almost never happen before and since this all started i've noticed it happen almost every time I go...
I don't know anything about the after effects of your hemorrhoid operation
your doctor should. When I was young and extremely active I experienced
the little bit at a time thing to, it happened because when I needed to go I was unable because of where I was or what I was doing. I was told that I had a spastic colon to learn to relax worrying exasperates the problem.
One of the main thing is to take in enough fluid drink at least 8-10 glasses
of water spaced out though the day keeps the stool soft. Always take fiber supplements with plenty of water if not it acts like a plug.
Hope you make out well sure you will your young and resilient.
Im not sure if the hemorrhoid thing has anything to do with it but, Thought I might mention it.. But Thanks Paulalex! Your information has been Helpful! I hope that its nothing too... and luckily I think I might be able to be seen tomorrow by my doctor so guess I'll find out in a bit! Thanks again!