Anal Fissure
I am a little embarrassed posting this but I'm desparate.....I recently underwent an Anoscopy which reported a healing anal fissure. That same day, it was recommended that I have an anal biopsy performed as well.   Now, two days after the procedures, I am still in excruciating pain after bowel movements.  I have tried Metamucil & Glycerin Suppositories to help soften stool and alleviate the pain but it's no use.  My doctor alos suggested Tylenol but that never works with me. Is there anything else I can do to alleviate the pain,which is also present with walking?   I do not know the results of the Biospy as of yet I guess I'll save that question for another time.  
hi.Well treatment for anal fissure is mainly surgical(dilation of anal sphincter under general anesthesia) but this causes incontinence at times.Presently nitroglycerin 2% ointments are being tried with good results which cause fissure to heal but to be prescribed by doctor only.Symptomatic treatment consists of lignocaine ointment application and stool softeners.