Anal Fissure
I am a little embarrassed posting this but I'm desparate.....I recently underwent an Anoscopy which reported a healing anal fissure. That same day, it was recommended that I have an anal biopsy performed as well.   Now, two days after the procedures, I am still in excruciating pain after bowel movements.  I have tried Metamucil & Glycerin Suppositories to help soften stool and alleviate the pain but it's no use.  My doctor alos suggested Tylenol but that never works with me. Is there anything else I can do to alleviate the pain,which is also present with walking?   I do not know the results of the Biospy as of yet I guess I'll save that question for another time.  
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
hi.Well treatment for anal fissure is mainly surgical(dilation of anal sphincter under general anesthesia) but this causes incontinence at times.Presently nitroglycerin 2% ointments are being tried with good results which cause fissure to heal but to be prescribed by doctor only.Symptomatic treatment consists of lignocaine ointment application and stool softeners.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources