Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Blood in Mucus
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood in Mucus

I am 24 years old and always have had constipation problems in the past. For at least 3 months now, the constipation has gotten worst. I haven't had a proper bowel movement in a while. It usually is only when I am on my period. I eat healthy, so do not know what is wrong. Recently (for about 2 months now) I have been passing mucus when I go to the bathroom. Sometimes I will just do that and no stole will come out. I have notice that I pass wind a lot when I use the bathroom (which is not normal for me). I also notice for about 3 weeks now that I have had pinky color on my toliet tissue. I haven't gone to the doctors because I am fearing the worst.

I also think I might have a heamoroid because it is painful down there when I pass bowels sometimes and it itchies sometimes. My sister has had one and she believes this is what it might be, due to the constipation. I guess I should suck it up and go to the doctors. What do you think?