Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Bloody stool- but otherwise I feel fine?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bloody stool- but otherwise I feel fine?

I don't have any proof that I have IBS but I have OCD/anxiety which often correlates with IBS, and I've had classic IBS-C symptoms since I was a kid, coming and going depending on my level of stress.  It also runs in my family.  I got the most relief from cutting out wheat/gluten and processed sugars.

Anyway, yesterday I went #2 and I noticed some reddish cloudy water around the poo (almost like I was getting my period very lightly).  Otherwise I felt fine.  I had been constipated that weekend, though, and on Saturday I had taken 3 advils (but through the entire weekend i felt fine- the bloody stool didn't happen until Monday).  Another theory is that on Friday night, I ate some beet soup and perhaps that pigment carried through till Monday since I didn't #2 on Sat or Sun? (Beets always turn my poo red/purple)

I spoke to my boyfriend about it and he said this happens to him sometimes for no reason, ever since he was a kid, and it's usually just because he's constipated and the poo is too big so it cuts him in the anal area.  Other than the bloody stool, I feel 100% normal.  I haven't done a #2 yet today, but I'll watch when I do.

Would you be worried if you were me?  My boyfriend insists it's just a small injury in my anus from being constipated and that it's overkill to see a doctor.  I'm worried about cancer or ulcers but I don't have any other symptoms of those things.  
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I just went again- this time I didn't notice any blood at first, but I let the stool sit in the toilet for about 10 seconds and I noticed a tiny bit of red around the outline, but it was very faint (definitely a lot less than last time).  Is this a bad sign or a good sign?  I'm really worried about colon cancer, although I'm only 23 and don't really have risk factors.
Blank
my suugstion for a piece of mind go to doctor: here  o forums one person will say x and some others will say y or they will copy-paste typical answers. so far, i did not get any useful answer from these forums. most of time, notice that the answers of medica doctors here are also copy-paste kin things. i hav ibs kndsymptoms and i had 2 times a small amount of blood which i saw by naked eye. howewer, at time time i constipated myself a lot. i thought that was the reason. possibly your reason is the same if you strained yourself.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating: What Your Closet ...