Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Bowel Issues, yellow stool, Someone help me please

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

I am a 25 yr. old male. I have had bowel problems (yellow, loose, floating, constipation,mucus (nothing substantial only when constipated and still yellow when constipated), all alternating) and pain in the upper right region of my abdomen that have pesisted for nearly a year. I have had countless doctors visits, blood test, and ultrasounds. The ultrasounds came back normal. The blood test were used to test for chrons, pyloric bacteria and they came back negative. In the beginning they though it was an ulcer so I was put on several meds for that and they didnt work. I was told not to eat 3 hours before bed and elevate my head, dont smoke, chew tobacco, drink alcohol, eat chocolate, hard candy, etc.. and that didnt work either. I had blood test done and liver enzymes were normal as well. The doctors didnt tell me if they tested for anything else but they always said just exercise and you will be fine. I did have heartburn for a time but I think it was due to the fact that I began to worry about all of this so much. I did have some stress but I delt with it and the pain went away for a day or so but came right back. I also realized I never ate food with sugar in them and noticed that I was always tired and sometimes really tired after meals, shakey (shaky) and in a bad mood for as long as I can remember and tired to the point that I could not stay awake after meals. I went to wal-mart on a desperate attempt to figure out what was going on and bought a Blood Glucose measuring kit. I tested myself one hour after eating chicken and rice and it was 66 mg/dl. I then waited and hour, tested again and it was 79, waited another hour and it was 74. I woke the next morning and tested it and it was 66 mg/dl. I ate a biscuit from burger king and 20 minutes later it was 28, an hour later it was 71 mg/dl. So after that I went and bought fruits to eat and for the last two days if I eat the fruit the pain stays away but my bowel movements are still yellow and slightly loose (could be due to apples,pears, and bananas-soluable fiber). They appear as if they are trying to harden but I continue to have gas and belching after I eat, like several hours (4-9hrs) after I eat i will burp and taste the food. Since I realized that I never ate foods with any real substantial amounts of sugar in them ,and now I am, the pain is subsiding???? What does this mean?? Why would the numbers be so low after eating? I am getting to the point where I have lost all hope in doctors when I used to believe in them so much. If there was an insulin producing tumor on my pancrease wouldn't it show up on a ultrasound? What should I do from here and who should I seek further advice from? The last gastro doc I saw I heard him talking about me and he said it was a mental thing but I had never seen him before until that day so why would he make such and assumption. The blood sugar levels must be an indication of something. PLEASE HELP!!
It sounds like you have a couple of problems.

1.  The first sounds like a gall bladder or pancreas.  A HIDA scan will check your gallbladder.  Do you have pain right above your belly button?

2.  The second sounds like low blood sugar.    

no pain above the belly button. Could the sugar levels be connected to the pain because ever since I have began to add sugar to my diet the pain has subsided. Before I ate nothing with any sugar. I usually just ate meat potatoes, rice, greens, beans, stuff like that.
Do you take any kinds of medicines?

What kind of diet are you on ie low fat, high fat, eat anything and everything, low calorie, high calorie, etc?

I really don't pay attention but up until recentyl its usually just protien and carbs. Red Meat, turnip and collard greens, all beans, tuna, chicken, pork, bread, salads. But Three days ago I strated eating fruit and the pain is gone but the bowel movements are still torn up (color and consistency). I take Allegra-D 24hour but this started before I started taking that. Any ideas??