Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Bowel irritation after exercise
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bowel irritation after exercise

I am a healthy 24 yr old male, 5'7" 130lbs.  I'm starting to think I may have some form of IBS.  Symptoms began a year ago after intense exercise.  A few days later I had a few drops of blood following a bowel movement and discomfort in my lower right and left sides of my abdomen.  My bowel movements have also increased.  After a week the symptoms went away, but seem to return each time I exercise.  Most recently they have returned after only light weight lifting.   Does this sound like a IBS or something else?
Related Discussions
420281_tn?1204651104
I have trouble myself trying to do exercises, it has been hard for me to loose a little weight and try and stay somewhat in shape because walking makes me go to the bathroom and trying to do any type of sit up or crunches just puts havoc on my stomach and makes me have to go, i have a bad stomach though, sensitive, cannot eat much of anything anymore, lots of discomfort and pain, so very hard for me to exercise, you said that you have always been healthy, in the past year have you noticed any changes in your diet, or things you can or cannot eat anymore, have you had any kiind of stomach or intestinal distress or heartburn that you never had before?  Let me know.

thanks
crumy
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979