Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Burning pain in Intestines

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Burning pain in Intestines

Everytime I drink a few beers I get this burning pain in my intestines and sometimes in my back. My doctor told me that I had IBS, but he said the beer shouldn't bother me. The pain only last for a day and then it goes away. I tried taking pepto bismith and maalox,but I still get the pain.
Do you think the beer could be causing acid reflux? I know that sometimes if I drink beer I also get acid reflux and it burns my throat something terrible.
Its not acid relux, because I don't have any burning in my throat or any indigestion. Its just a burning pain in my intestines around my waist area. I take nexium 40mg. But thats not were the burning pain is at. Its below my stomach area.
No the reason why I say acid reflux is because my daughter is having burning pain in that area and in her upper back as well. Her doctor keeps saying acid reflux. I went with her, again, today to the doctor and I was so angry that the doctor said acid reflux, again. I stood my ground and said I'm not taking acid reflux as her diagnosis. So her doctor had her do some blood work. I think one of her tests was the pancreas. We won't find out the results until tomorrow. Anyway, go back to the doctor and demand to have blood work done or even better a CT scan to see what the heck is going on. My daughters pain is constant and hasn't gone away for over a month now.
Did you ever figure out what your daughter's diagnosis was?  My wife has similar symptoms.

No sugar, no caffeine,,no alchohol,no fruit,no gluten,no negative fats no cow dairy products,no synthetic garbage .....  YES Candida yeast cleanse...    YES probiotics ....   YES digestive enzymes !   Yes to fruit only months later after you kill all the Candida yeast in your gi tract ! Prepare for change ! No relief until you remain off that garbage for 21 days and if you slip up you will suffer for 21 more days  when it comes to dairy and gluten !

above all .. STAY OFF OF WHEAT !
.
umm  sirz ?   beers have wheat gluten and wheat is the #  1 enemy of IBS !
Your doctor knows drugs well but doesn't know much about nutrition and furthermore antacids make gi issues worse in the long run, they are made to give relief the day of ! If we didn't have a privatized healthcare system then all doctors would have 100s of hours of nutrition as part of thier doctors license !!