Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Chronic Stomach Noises and Pain

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Chronic Stomach Noises and Pain

So I have this ongoing issue with my stomach. Basically I never feel comfortable anymore because my stomach always slightly hurts and it makes these weird noises like something in my stomach is having trouble moving (or digesting maybe?). The stomach gurgling/noises/popping/movements PRIMARILY occur on the lower right side of my stomach. That is where I hear most of the noises. I feel major pain/pressure in my stomach when I am hungry and the hunger seems to increase the noises. Eating for some reason seems to settle it down justttt a little bit. Honestly, the noises can occur at anytime, and I sit through class sticking my hand into the right side of my stomach to try to settle it or muffle the sounds. It is annoying. The sounds seem to increase tremendously when I lay down on my back or on my side (which is annoying when I am with my girlfriend). When I lay down the nosies are accompanied with weird grumble feelings like something is moving or gas is trying to get through.

Here is what I have done: I have been tested for so many things. I am on IBS medicine (Bentyl), I have been to the nuclear medicine department to check if my stomach was digesting fine, I have been on the celiac diet and milk free diet (and I have also been blood tested for the six major allergies), I have done major stomach cleanses, I am currently on strong probiotics, I work out very often (I weigh 160 and I am 6 feet tall), and I have been scoped. In the scope my doctor found that I have Eosinophilic Esophgitis. We thought, "Oh FINALLY this is what it is" but I have been on the medecine for sometime with no relief. My GI proscribed me budesonide and prylosec (sorry for the miss spellings) and I was on those for sometime. Then, after a month, I tried something new. I stopped the prylosec because I saw somewhere that sometimes your stomach has trouble because it doesn't create ENOUGH acid. So I stopped that and I around that time I started feeling a bit better. I thought maybe that was it then the symptoms reoccurred full force. I have also tried Gas-x to kill any gas if that was it and I drink lemon ginger tea and 4 fl. oz. of Aloe Vera everyday as healthy home remedy.

SO WHAT the heck. I can not seem to figure this out. I feel like someone in the shape that I am in should never have these sort of issues! The scopes and tests show that I am fine but I don't feel fine. I am getting anxious, and I know that doesn't help but when you can't find the answer it makes it kind of hard not to be.

Am I allergic to some mysterious substance? Is there something I overlooked? I need answers, so any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!! Keep in mind my life is very normal. I eat pretty dang healthy for a male teenager my age, and I exercise all the time. I have a girlfriend, great family relations, and I do my best to stay positive. What is happening to me? Thanks for anyone that has read this far into my craziness :) Thank you so much for your help and advice.
Bentyl has become a life saver for me, I had stomach issues for years and the drs kept telling me they didn't know what was wrong, I lived off of extra strength tums for years. Finally I was diagnosed with IBS & started the bentyl with in a month everything started getting better, I do still occasionally have IBS attacks & I can't digest ice cream/ milk very well.. Or spicy foods but I take 2 , 20 mg pills a day cut in half so 4 doses . I was talking the whole tablet but I found being pregnant that made me nauseated. I also get the stomach noises & found Tums helps for that . Good luck!