Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Coffee and IBS
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Coffee and IBS

Can you still drink coffee with IBS? I love Starbucks I've been drinking it since it was 6!!!! And now I'm 16 and after having a horrible stomach virus for a long time and huge amounts of stress I developed IBS.. It's supposed to MAYBE go away after a year. But I need coffee :(
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
My boyfriend had to give up coffee because it was the main cause of all his stomach issues.  He drinks tea now.  There are coffee-like drinks you can try.  Look in the coffee aisle.  Also folgers has a low-acid coffee, Smooth something.  
Blank
9090222_tn?1401649595
Yes you can... It could cause some discomfort but otherwise shouldn't hurt you. I have chrons and can still drink coffee.
Blank
5608130_tn?1370849780
Coffee is one among the drinks professionals usually advocate to avoid, primarily thanks to its alkaloid content. Drinking decaffeinated  coffee could appear sort of a logical resolution, but it, too, will cause a occurrence of IBS symptoms. shift to a coffee-like different, like a soy-based or herbal-based drink, may provide relief, and avoiding farm or sugar merchandise more to your occasional could, as well. Speak to your gastroenterologist before you add something unaccustomed your diet, notably if you've got severe IBS symptoms.
Blank
8975356_tn?1400951030
thanks guys :) ill try these and guess ill cut back on the espresso and see what happens.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...