Could this be IBS?
I have been trying to determine the reason for these abdominal issues that I have been having. Please let me know if it sounds like it could be IBS.

48 y.o. female post menopause. December 2010 became slightly anemic and started iron pills in January which has reversed the anemia. Had some lower left quandrant pain (stabbing type) off and on since November but wasn't too bad until about mid April when the pain would radiate throughout my lower left abdomen,  through my back, into my groin, up under my ribs. These episodes send my back into really bad spasms and then causes significant sciatica. I also become bloated and my entire abdomen hurts. When I am not in pain, I often have a stabbing type pain to the left and a bit lower than my navel. Now it always feels like there is something up under my lower left ribs. Diarrhea started in May also. These episodes are usually preceeded by physical activity like gardening, house cleaning, etc. The pain puts me in bed for three days.

CT scan and ultrasound showed a cyst on the left ovary so we assumed it was that. Nope. Had that removed and I am still having these same issues except the diarrhea has stopped. There is not diverticulitis and everything else within the scan area appeared normal.

The doctor didn't want to send me for a colonoscopy because I just had one two years ago (not sure what that means really) at which time I had a polyp but three years previous to that one, I had a precancerous polyp.

Any suggestions?