Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Could this be IBS or something else?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Could this be IBS or something else?

I am a 25 year old female who has been having bowel issues for about 2-3 months. My husband and I are missionaries in southern Mexico. I first noticed problems after the birth of my daughter on Sept. 21st of this year. My delivery was long (4 hours of pushing) and two nurses were pressing on my belly for several hours to get her out faster (she was born in Mexico). After birth, I passed some watery mucusy stool. The next bowel movement that I had was almost completely a thick, yellowish mucus. I experienced random bouts of intense stomach/digestive pain that was relieved with bowel movements as well as days of intense gas pain. Recently, I have had bad diarrhea and abdominal pain off and on after eating as well as bouts of constipation. I often have mucus/black specks on the toilet paper after a bowel movement. Could this be symptoms of IBS? Or could the nurses pushing on my belly during my baby's delivery have caused damage to my intestines? Or maybe I have a parasite/worms from Mexico? My husband and son have experienced some of these symptoms, but not nearly as bad as mine. Thank you in advance for your help!
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank