Aa
A
A
Close
Cut/split skin above anus/general soreness/redness
Hi,

For apporximately 5 years I have had a cut above my anus that will not go away. I have tried various creams (anusol, hydrocortisone etc), and wipes for after bowel movements (aloe vera, hazel witch etc), and clean the area on a daily basis, but it still wont clear! Also, it is generally sore, itchy and red around the area contstantly.

Are there any other creams/wipes I can try? Or would you recommend dietary changes? I drink 3-4 cups of coffee a day, and drink beer/cider 3-4 days a week, and eat spicy food regularly. Could this cause these problems and sustain the chronic cut?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to an anal fistula. Fistulas are tracts which have two openings, one internally into the bowel and another externally onto the skin. This keeps draining fluid. This needs to be treated surgically. Another cause could be Eczema. People who suffer from this disorder should avoid contact with triggering factors like soaps, cosmetics, jewelry, clothing, and detergents. You can control the symptoms with prescription strength mild cortisone creams. Consult your primary care physician for therapy.  If the need arises he may refer you to a dermatologist or gastroenterologist.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources