Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Dark stool?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Dark stool?

I woke up this morning and used the restroom, after I finished I looked in the toilet and noticed my stool was half light brown and half a dark tarry black color. This is the second time this has happened and the first time it only lasted that one time. Both times I had chocolate cake before I went to bed, could that be what it is?
Both times I had chocolate cake before I went to bed, could that be what it is?  YES, if it only happens after you eat dark things it is normal and that you have seen it both times after eating cake makes it easy to say it is caused by that.

I would not worrie about it at all

Hope this helps