Does IBS cause constant right side pain??
I recently had a CT scan done to determine the cause of my right side pain. It goes from my pelvic area up to underneath my stomach. It never goes away. The CT came back clear but my DR. said it could be IBS. He also put me on Nexium because I sometimes feel nauseated and have dry heaves. He said this could be from too much acid in my stomach. I know I do have some symptoms of IBS but to have constant pain is driving me nuts. Does anyone else suffer from this also?? Thank you...Liz
Has your gallbladder been tested?
Yes my gallbladder was tested last year. No problem there. I just wish I knew if this was IBS or not.
I know from experience exactly what you're talking about.  A friend of mine experienced the exact same thing, too.  We both ended up getting the gallbladder tests only to find out that the gallbladder was healthy and fine.

In short, the answer is:  Yes, it is pain from the IBS.  If you look at a medical chart that shows the intestines, you'll see how the colon ascends on the right side, traverses from the right side to the left, and descends down the left side.  It is in that same upper right-hand quadrant that is close to where the gallbladder and liver are also located.  And, the colon is clearly being reactive, or we wouldn't be having IBS.  It ends up responding and reacting the way one would expect the gallbaldder to act when eating certain foods.  I don't always have pain there, but I do right now.  

I've been undergoing a lot of stress, which definitely aggravates the colon.  If anyone knows of a miracle to get rid of obnoxious, noisy neighbors from hell...;)...that would alleviate a big part of my stress.  Moving is not an option for me.
I have the same symptoms for about six months now. Pain on the right upper quadrant, can be dull ache or sharp but most of the time it's like deep itch/ache that you want to scratch under your right rib cage.It can be shooting pain or radiating pain to my side up to my back (shoulder blades).Feel bloated, and tight abdominal area. I've had bunch of tests. Cat Scan with contrast from abdomen and pelvis, Ultrasound of internal organs no stones, Endoscopy, colonoscopy, Blood work for liver and parasites, complete panel for Celiac disease, Stool test, all normal! I work in the medical field and still a question for me what is going on. However I never stopped searching. I asked my gasto doc to have me test for small intestinal overgrowth (SIBO). It came back positive. I'm on anti-biotic for two weeks. On top of that I take suppliments "Three Lac". Since the the idea is to kill some overgrown bacteria I need to replace the good bacteria with probiotics. I'm on it for about a week now. i feel some progress although slow.With pain but bearable.I pass stool regularly, less bloated. I also watch my diet. Absolutely no sugar, carbohydrate of any kind.I think this is some sort of immune system response and I need to boost it so my body heals on its own. Pain can be distructive but one thing I'm not considering this time, surgery.
Good Luck to both of us. God bless.

What test did your dr use to check for SIBO. I can't find any labs in Vancouver that do it.
Did you ever figure out what was wrong with you? I am currently experiencing the same issues. Let me know, thanks!