I b s and period
I am new to the burden that is Ibs. After a stressful year the dr has diagnosed me with Ibs. I fluctuate sometimes between constipation I rarely get the opposite but I get the feeling of it if that makes sense. Like the flashing feeling urgency feeling, but it's solid I usually get this feeling around the time I am one cycle. It's the worse feeling like the muscles in my calves does anyone know the feeling I
Talking about? Why is it worse with my period?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Very good studies confirm that menstruation does have a deleterious effect on IBS symptoms and show that almost half of IBS sufferers report a worsening of their symptoms in association with their periods. Too much fat or sugar-like substances and insufficient fiber aggravate symptoms. Intolerance to milk products is also known. So, try to avoid triggering factors. Choose a more relaxed approach to your problem and treat your symptoms as and when they occur.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.