IBS - strange or common symptom??
Does anyone have Irritable Bowel Syndrome with constipation & experience tenderness in the abdominal/intestinal area when you poke it or lie on your stomach. This has been plaguing me for 7 months now with no relief and I'm beginning to wonder if the tenderness is something else. When I touch it it feels as if the whole area must be inflamed, yet there is no pain when I just sit around and I have no fever.
Hi, IBS can cause the tenderness sensation. Since it has been chronically present, its more likely to be due to IBS. If the pain worsens, check with your doctor to rule out any infections or inflammatory disorders of the colon or intestines. Regards.
Thank you so much. This is the first time I have experienced this - it does not seem to be worsening. Do you know how long it can last or what I can do to clear it up. I am working on emotions with meditation, affirmations, journaling etc. since I do know lots of gut problems stem from emotions. Would a really high potency probiotic help?  Thanks again!
If I were you I would get a blood test for food intolerances and allergies. I was "miraculously" cured of IBS when a serious intolerance for wheat was discovered.
I am starting to have bloody mucus when my IBS is flared anybody else have this? I have IBS since 1980 & never have had bloody mucus but this flare up is intense in pain & I did eat a food that is one of my triggers for flare ups. STUPID on my part but I thought I had been flare free for so long that a little could not hurt, boy was I wrong!