Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
IBS/Constipation/Hemorrhoids/Fissure/PAIN

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight that might help me with what's happening... I know i'm not, but I just feel really alone and scared. Alright so for about 10 years I've had IBS. Hemorrhoids and fissures come and go, no big deal. Over the past year I've felt like I've been having to push around something when going to the washroom. Hard to explain really but it just feels like I have to push around something that is in the way. In the past 2 months, things have gotten alot worse. My stomach would hurt and feel like I really need to go but when I try... nothing. Was in the hospital for about a week where they tried various laxitives, xrays, ultrasounds, blood work... all came back as just constipated. But the thing is... I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE CONSTIPATED... AND THAT WAS NOT IT. When you're constipated you feel something there and ready to come out but you just can't get it out. What I was going through was a completely different feeling. After seeing 4 different doctors, one prescribed me a drug called Modulon... worked for a while but now even that has stopped working for me. In the past 2 weeks I've developed brutal abdominal pain, cramping, back pain, right sided pain and cramping, nausea, can't sleep because of the pain. I'm going for a colonoscopy in January but what do I do until then?
First my sympathy because I.  have suffered w/IBS for 12 years or so but you have to keep pressing the urgency if something just doesn't feel right. I know available doc appts are often too far off especially when we need to get in right away. I suggest you call a couple of GI docs to see who has the earliest appt or if your primary doc is truly listening to your woes, then they should assist with you gaining an emergency visit to get the colonoscopy completed sooner. Also you didn't mention if the feeling to push something around is in your stomach or elsewhere?  I ask because I get a sharp pain with the feeling to push around in my lower abdomen. I mentioned it to the dermotologist during an unrelated visit showed her the site (which also looked like a tiny little inverted mole)and she looked right at it, felt it and said it was a cyst.I am in the process of following up about that now. The pain comes and go.
Ask your doctor to check you for a possible fistula which is an abnormal connection between an organ, vessel, or intestine and another structure. Fistulas are usually the result of injury or surgery. It can also result from infection or inflammation.

Inflammatory bowel disease, such as ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease, is an example of a disease that leads to fistulas between one loop of intestine and another.

Just a guess, but couldn't hurt.