Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
IBS-D and anxiety since 1996 / Help please
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

IBS-D and anxiety since 1996 / Help please

My Diarrhea started in 1996 when i was 16 years old and lasted until 2003. In 2003 after having HCV attack my diarrhea converted automatically into extreme constipation untill January 2006. In January 2006 i took some antibiotics for some skin issues and diarrhea started again with extreme anxiety and lasted for 6 months. i lost my weight and could'nt understand why im facing diarrhea for months again. I went to so many drs and they give me again antibiotics with which my condition got worst. One day i went to religious saint type person for my complaint. He gave me nothing for treatment but only hope and assured me that you will be fine now. And it was a miracle, next day diarrhea disappeared. i was so much surprised.

In 2008 i started tx ( interferon + riba) for HCV and also discussed my diarrhea problem with GI. He said that though your diarrhea started due to antibiotics but it sustained for 6 months only due to your anxiety because you have IBS-D which is stress related. That religious person only reduced your anxiety and hence problem was solved. I got tx for 6 months and got SVR.

Now i come to my present condition. I am facing acidity for last 6 months. I becomes worsen if I lay down in the bed after having meal. I went to doc he suggested esomeprazol and pantoprazole type medicines. I took these medicines, the problem solved. But when I stop taking these the problem comes back again. I was fighting this phenomenon, meanwhile one day I felt stomachache associated with diarrhea and vomiting. I went to Dr, he gave me against some antibiotics i.e. Entamizole DS. Ciprofloxacin and gravite. I took these medicines for 5 days. My problems got settled but diarrhea is one again playing with my life. I m much disturbed. I took some probiotics like Saccharomyces boulardii which is to some extent effective. But problem is not getting solved completely. Please tell me what should I do. Should I take probiotics for long time or some anti depressants?
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank