Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
IBS-D and anxiety since 1996 / Help please
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

IBS-D and anxiety since 1996 / Help please

My Diarrhea started in 1996 when i was 16 years old and lasted until 2003. In 2003 after having HCV attack my diarrhea converted automatically into extreme constipation untill January 2006. In January 2006 i took some antibiotics for some skin issues and diarrhea started again with extreme anxiety and lasted for 6 months. i lost my weight and could'nt understand why im facing diarrhea for months again. I went to so many drs and they give me again antibiotics with which my condition got worst. One day i went to religious saint type person for my complaint. He gave me nothing for treatment but only hope and assured me that you will be fine now. And it was a miracle, next day diarrhea disappeared. i was so much surprised.

In 2008 i started tx ( interferon + riba) for HCV and also discussed my diarrhea problem with GI. He said that though your diarrhea started due to antibiotics but it sustained for 6 months only due to your anxiety because you have IBS-D which is stress related. That religious person only reduced your anxiety and hence problem was solved. I got tx for 6 months and got SVR.

Now i come to my present condition. I am facing acidity for last 6 months. I becomes worsen if I lay down in the bed after having meal. I went to doc he suggested esomeprazol and pantoprazole type medicines. I took these medicines, the problem solved. But when I stop taking these the problem comes back again. I was fighting this phenomenon, meanwhile one day I felt stomachache associated with diarrhea and vomiting. I went to Dr, he gave me against some antibiotics i.e. Entamizole DS. Ciprofloxacin and gravite. I took these medicines for 5 days. My problems got settled but diarrhea is one again playing with my life. I m much disturbed. I took some probiotics like Saccharomyces boulardii which is to some extent effective. But problem is not getting solved completely. Please tell me what should I do. Should I take probiotics for long time or some anti depressants?
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...
Apr 16 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank