IBS and Itching
I was recently diagnosed with IBS after a long list of tests for various other possible problems. I'm still working out diet and things to ease my symptoms, but I have one off the wall symptom that the doctor couldn't really explain. Generalized itching. I visited the doctor with a slightly raised rash on my side shortly after I started feeling itchy and was treated for scabies, and I went the extra step to be sure they couldn't live. At this point I don't believe I ever had scabies for many reasons. The rash faded away eventually but the itching never has, and I'm talking 6 months here. Since then I have not had any raised rashes, however, I have had hives appear randomly. I've tried an elimination diet to check for food allergies, still itchy. Anyone else with IBS had this combo of symptoms? What could this be? Could it be allergies, or maybe nerves, or something directly related to the bowel problems?
Hives are probably from allergy - may be food, medicines, soap, clothes...To test, if it is an allergy, you can try an antihistamine pill Benadryl - itching should stop shortly after that.

To find out, if it is some food that causes allergy, you can ask a dietitian to give you a diet plan, starting with complete fasting. If it is food, itching should go away in few days...
Hi there,

I am exactly experiencing same problem, I was diagnosed for IBS and I also have severe itching rush ,I involve with this about 7 month and still struggle....., I`ve just started to take Gluten free diet, but I do not know if it is working or not