Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
IBS diarrheal spasms once a month?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

IBS diarrheal spasms once a month?

Hi everyone,
I was diagnosed with IBS at age 14/15. Every single month (besides vacation months), I've had horrible spasms that are so painful I have nearly blacked out. These happen about the same time every month - they are not around my period but are closer to ovulation, and they happen in the afternoon/evening. The spasms fade away and come back every few minutes, and are not relieved until I have a bowel movement. I am always completely wiped out afterwards. This has taken over my life. I cannot go anywhere without fearing it, and when it happens, I simply cannot go anywhere or do anything but stay on the toilet in pain.

I've tried taking prescription drugs (dicyclomine 10mg) as well as peppermint oil capsules, but they are no help.

Can someone help me? What could be the cause of this? Anything I can do to get rid of them?

Thanks.
Tags: IBS, spasm, my 21 month baby dos, Pain, Ovulation
1194973_tn?1385507504
Likely due to the shift in hormones you experience during ovulation.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank