IBS for 20 years solved on June 8th?
I have had digestion problems for 20 years. I was told I had IBS, I was told I cant digest milk, Later on in life I was with Colon cancer, had a resection and still I had issue with digestion. Most recently I was diagnosed with ulcers and H-pyloic.  Had regular appointments with my colon surgent and he always said more fiber and basically ignored my plea for help. Fiber did absolutely nothing for me. Probiotics did nothing, change in my eating habits nothing. Nothing worked!!!

My primary doctor had asked me if I had a gastrologist. At this point I had not seen a gastrologist for years. I figured the colon surgent knew my problems why bother. Well the colon doctors office has been so bad for years I decided to go to a gastro dr.

I found one that had reasonable reviews and went on Monday. As usual I gave him all my records in advance and he appeared not to have read them prior. But the amazing thing is as I told him about my problem he figured out my problem that has been going on for two decades.

This next section should not deter you from my solution. I may not have special circumstances.

He told me since I am missing half my colon, I no longer have a valve and the food expels  quickly. That my livers bile system cant react fast enough. He prescribed me Welchol a bile sequestriant. I read up on the drug before taking it. It basically forces our liver to make more bile and this also has the added advantage of helping control your cholesterol and blood sugar.

I took my first dose that day and no longer had the urge to go immediately. I had been going 6-8 times a day prior. It has been 5 days and I go once or twice a day now and the stools are looking better. It is amazing, I can not believe It took so long to get this? All these years of pain and discomfort and surgery.

I would suggest if you have problems like I have get a colonosopy, and an edoscopy to make sure it is not something fatal. If you have problems that cant seem to get solved try Welchol.

Also although my colon is half the size it used to be I believe this medication would have helped me prior to that procedure. I want to help those that have this problem and let people know what I did.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Good to see you have found relief for your symptoms. Welchol is primarily used for lowering LDL cholesterol, which is bad cholesterol. Its main side effect is constipation. So, try to include high fiber food in your diet and drink plenty of water.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.