IBS?
I recently (within the past 3 days) have been getting on and off constipation and diarrhea. Often, the diarrhea is either pretty bad and very sudden. My stomach hurts a few minutes before I know I need to go. I was hoping it would just go away on it's own. However, I figured I needed to post because the last time I had diarrhea there wasn't a lot, but it had a definite orange/red tint and was almost stringy. It reminded me of a blood clot although there wasn't any real blood.
I've been having my usual diet, the only thing I can think that I've had a lot of in the past week that could maybe effect it would be beer, haha. Can beer be the reason for it? Or could it be IBS? I need to get it taken care of immediately because I have school and work, can't be running to the bath room every 20 or so minutes.

Please respond and help ASAP!!
Thanks in advance.
Blood in the stool would appear black and look like tar. Bright red blood would more than likely be the result of hemorrhoids. I would guess that mass quantities of beer could cause your symptoms so if it were me, I would stop drinking and drink lots of water instead to flush out anything that might be irritating the gut. Maybe you ate something that was bad and have a mild case of gastroenteritis. I had a bad case of that a few years ago and I had extremely painful cramps, diarrhea, and vomiting for about 10 hours. After that the vomiting stopped and the diarrhea slowed after a day or two until all the bugs were out of me. The cause was an undercooked egg. I get queasy just thinking about it.
Good luck.