IBS
I have had IBS for about a year and i understand that their is no cure. The pains i get occur mostly at night and i have trouble sleeping when i do get the pain. The pain feels like a stitch which makes it  hard for me to breath and get up. The pain does go after a while and then i can get back to sleep. I do not get this every night though only at times.Is there a reason for this?

The doctors also gave me some mebeverine tablet 135mg which i need to take 3 times a day, 15min before meals. The tablets do help me alot and i feel  that the side effects of them is, making me gain weight and opened up my appetiate, which is an advantage becuase i needed to put on weight.

my second and final question is that i have recently been getting nausea and heaves only when i have to wake up early in the morning which is between the hours of 6-9am. This does affect me in my day to day activities and i tend to feel sick throughout the whole day, but i do not vomit. I only get heaves when i smell food or anything that comes my way. Is there a cure to stop the heaves and nausea. My doctor told me to take those tablets,that i take for my IBS and to eat a lemon in the morning.
I have heard that the nausea is linked to problems in the liver,is this true? and a long term illness?

thank you
I also recently have been battling periods of awful nausea, particularly in the morning and at times of stress. Mine was linked to overproduction of acid along with my IBS; prescription Protonix has been helping greatly. I also find taking some Mylanta and eating mild foods, such as a bowl of Cheerios, helps. The IBS medicine (Bentyl in my case) did nothing to help and, in fact, seemed to make the nausea worse.  Good luck, and I really hope you feel better soon! :)