Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Ibs?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Ibs?

After visiting the gp over a bloated stomach which is shaped like a hour glass bloated at the top and bottom. pain and constipation/not feeling like bowels are empty after. I was prescribed mebeverine which had no affect. Blood was taken with no results, apart from my liver being a bit high. I was then prescribed laxido. Which contains macrogol 3350. Which has worked at what it does but hasn't helped the bloating, pain and the feeling of not full emptying.                

I have no idea what to do/ try next.  

Few details. I eat very clean 22-30 fiber a day. No drink or drugs. I'm 21 male. Drinking 1 liter to 2 daily. Also had this problem for 6 years.

Thx for reading hope you can help me. Thanks
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i had liver inflammation and then my ibs-kind symptoms started: gas, bloating, constipation and mucous in the stool. i have these symptoms everyday around 6 months.
Blank
Would a liver inflammation show in the blood test?
Blank
it may show indirectly by elevated liver enzymes. it is better to have ultrasound or ct scan to see the inflammation.
Blank
Hi,  

Bloating is one of the worst symptoms for ibs and conventional medicine doesn't have any great drugs to treat this symptom, at least yet.  But, there's something called Enteric coated peppermint oil that has been gaining some decent evidence and can really help with the bloating and especially the pain.  It's important to get the enteric coated stuff, not the peppermint oil, so it doesn't get destroyed by your stomach acid.

let me know if it helps!:)  You can find it at most health foods stores:)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank