Incomplete Bowel Evacuation
Dear Doctor,

I am 25, female. I have been suffering from IBS-C for the past 10 years. I also have stomach and intestinal motility disorder. My problem is, unlike the IBS-C symptoms, I don't have stomach pain, I defecate everyday only if I drink a liter of water as soon as I get up in the morning (before 7 AM) but there is incomplete evacuation and storage of feces in the colon. I also never have the urge to defecate. The feces that get retained in the colon due to incomplete evacuation will not come out the next time I defecate. My stools are soft and normal in consistency. The past feces that becomes hard and pellet like never comes out. No laxative helped in this. Once when I underwent a nature therapy, the hard black pellets came out in large amounts for a few days. But after a few days it was back to the normal problem. A large amount of gas also gets accumulated but never comes out through the anus, if it does then in very very very little amounts. If I take enema, 70% to 80% of the water gets retained in the colon. And in fact it becomes very difficult and time consuming for the enema water to pass through the rectum. My colonoscopy and endoscopy came out normal. Could it be dyssynergic defecation or slow transit constipation? Anti depressants and anti anxiety medications have given me some relief in improving the motility of the stomach but there is very negligible change in constipation. I come from a country where there is no advanced research or diagnostic tests available. Doctor, what could this be?

Thanks and regards,
Sha

Thanx for the compliment.."Doctor" lol. I am not one but as all here suffer from ibs..we know it all to well.

I would go to your doctor there and present this letter. Honestly! Not being sarcastic here..

In the meantime eat plenty of fruit...and fiber. excercise.., Sounds like you are lacking in a fiber diet. Also well cooked vegetables.

Best 2 you