Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Irritable Bowel syndrome

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Irritable Bowel syndrome

Every time I eat, about 10 to 20 minutes later, I have to go to the bathroom.  I can't wait, can't hold it back, and do not understand what is happening with me.  I have not changed my diet, but am actually getting afraid to eat, especially when out somewhere or travelling, cause I have no control over my bowels anymore.

Do I have irritable bowel syndrome?  I am 54 year's old, this has been going on now for about two year's and is very disturbing for me.  I don't want to go anywhere anymore, cause am afraid of what is going to happen.   I have no blood in my stools, so that is not a problem.

What do you think is the problem?

hi,u do sound realy worried,so i would go to the doctors ,and see wat he says,it could be ibs,but only he can tell u that,the fact that u dont pass any blood with ur stools is a good sign, so try not to worry too much,im sure it is something that u can get help with.good luck,  viv,
Hi i have thi too exactly like you said. It is IBS! It is very very hard to live with IBS. Sometimes you are better sometimes worse. You need to see a doctor and test a lot of medications and treatments, to try to control. I have 25 years old and i have IBS for 3 yeras now still can not heal. But i am trying. I believe that one of the causes would be poor diet for a long time, so now i am trying to improve my diet and take suplements and some medications.

how is your diet?