Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Is it IBS or am I over exaggerating ?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Is it IBS or am I over exaggerating ?

Hi my name is Ana I'm seventeen , I recently noticed that my tummy look bloated , that scared me I never stay bloated for long then I though I was pregnant because It wasn't going down but I never had sex so it's kinda impossible to be pregnant (I just thought I was another virgin Mary, I tend to freak out alot)
So other than the bloating I had gas for awhile burping mostly irregular passing of the gas .
My tummy making bubbling/gurgling sounds (Some times when I press my stomach I burp) and it's kinda hard , it also feels tight. I also have constipation . (Well I think so  havent gone off in like 2 days)
Is it IBS?? Help :'( I'm kinda scared ...
Tags: IBS, Stomach
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello Ana and hope you are doing well.

IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion. If all the tests to rule out other disorders are done and found to be negative, then the diagnosis of IBS is made. Besides IBS, your symptoms could be due to malabsorption, inflammatory bowel diseases and various infections of the colon. So, for now you follow some good lifestyle measures for the bloating to decrease. Eat food rich in plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, avoid spicy and fatty food, avoid smoking and eliminate alcohol. Do not consume caffeinated beverages. Practice good relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation. Exercise regularly. Go for long relaxed walks. Maintain a food diary and try to identify those foods which are likely to produce bloating and avoid them. If these measures don't help or if your symptoms worsen, consult your primary care physician.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
thank you