Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Is it really IBS??
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Is it really IBS??

I have seen the doctor and have had many tests run and he told me that I probably have IBS. To bad he don't sound so confident but I am 21 and I have stomach pain/cramps in my lower abdominal and sometimes my whole stomach. When I go to the restroom it usually takes me about 20 minutes because I feel constipated and when I am able to go I feel like I don't ever finish like there is still more in there. I do also get diarrhea sometimes but still feel like I don't completly empty. Also along with the abdonmial pain I feel bloated and feel like I just ate a cow because if feels like I am pushing my stomach out as far as I can, not to comfortable. I have been feeling like this for about a year now and it is not everyday but at least 4 to 5 days out of the week. So I am just wondering if this is normal and what I should do because the doctor was not that much of a help.
Thanks