Is there any relief from constant nausea?
For the past few years I have had problems with my digestive/gastro-intestinal health. About two years ago I noticed that I seemed to be having a more frequently upset stomach (usually diarrhoea) than was normal. About once a month I'd have a severly upset stomach but the rest of the time I'd be fine. Then about a year and a half ago I realised that I was feeling nauseaous every single day, usually in the morning, but sometimes in the afternoons too. Often eating would relieve the feeling for a couple of hours, but at other times eating would make me feel much worse and even sicker. Since then I have been to see various doctors and gastro specialists, I've had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy but they have not discovered anything. The common diagnosis is that it is IBS, but I don't really suffer from the constipation/diarrhoea pattern and nausea is my biggest problem. I have also noticed that I am quite bloated (much more than I used to be) and my stomach is constantly churning, grumbling and making noises. I feel like I constantly want to press and kneed my stomach, because it is so bloated, pulsing and gassy. Despite the never-ending nausea I have never actually been sick, however when I'm feeling really nauseous I seem to swallow excessively which can make me feel terrible.

Although nausea doesn't sound like a particularly bad problem it affects me every day and can prevent me living my life as I want to. I often feel that I can't be active or do excercise because my stomach feels so uncomfortable and I feel so sluggish. It can disrupt nights out with my friends when I suddenly feel incredibly sick or my stomach is upset. Frustratingly doctors seem to lose interest in finding out what's wrong now that they know it's nothing serious, but I long for the days when I didn't worry about what my stomach was doing or how I was feeling.

Can anyone help or does anybody else suffer from similar symptoms? Furthermore does anybody have a cure for nausea that really works? I've tried Dom Peridone (Motillium), peppermint capsules, ginger capsules and so far no relief!

Any input gratefully received.

LaLa
My name is Amber N. Haynes. I am 16 years old, I have tried every kind of nausea medicine. I haven't consulted my current docter about it. I recently was placed into another foster home in March, then again in May, and again in June, and again in July, and just a month ago...My symptoms started in February....I can barely eat anything. I can barely hold down WATER or sprite. But nothing seems to work. None of my Foster parents know what to do. None have even seen this kind of thing. Does anyone know what i should do?
hey I was diagnosed with IBS and been living with it for (shocking now that I think of it) 20 yrs! I suffer from chronic diarrhea pretty much everyday of my life and have been on meds to help make my movements normal..my son was just diagnosed last week and he has neither diarrhea nor constipation just serious bowel spasms..to have IBS doesn't mean one or the other it could just be u explained spasms overactive bowels whatever..do certain moods or foods make u worse than others? when I'm really nervous about something or worried My bowels go crazy..different people also have different trigger foods that set it off..mine is anything dairy so soy is what I will drink when I feel like milk..oh and if I don't get a good sleep I wake up in the bthrm as well! it really really sux but after 20 yrs it's a way of life for me..take care hope u get it sorted out and feel better!
WHAT antibiotics?!
Please email me . . . I can help you.
Kay Stence, CHHC, AADP
***@****
This is a late reply but I'm 13 and I have had ibs for a year now, I take meberverine and it helps with the cramps and dioreaha, but now we are just looking for treatments on symptoms because I have a phobia of sick and feeling sick all the time and never actually sick worries me and makes me feel worse, trying mintech at the moment, ibs does ware off of you eat the right diet. I have too many sugary foods and cereal:/
I've read all these posts with interest. I suffered with my stomach for many years and often felt sick and had diarrhoea especially in the mornings. Eventually it got so bad that I ended up in hospital being really dehydrated. To cut a long story short I had endoscopies that showed a bit of inflammation and the doctor told me to come off both dairy and gluten which I did and for the first time in a very long time - I slowly started to feel better. I could tell the difference straightaway but it took my body a long time to sort itself out and get my strength back. I strongly believe that some people are suffering from food intolerances or allergies. My husband came off dairy recently as he was suffering with his stomach - he's a lot better.
Hi, I don't really know who to talk to for help, I just feel like maybe someone going through my worry can understand. After a traumatic pregnancy I had my first child. Labour was good but I had some complications. Since having my daughter I have lost close to 6 stone in about 16 months. I haven't been so light and small since I was in primary school. I do not feel hungry and I look like skin and bones. I feel nauseous pretty much everyday. My life feels empty as I am so frail and poorly to enjoy time with our little girl, friends and hubby. I have had ct, MRI, blood and stool tests, and endoscopy opt and  colonoscopy so they said it must be ibs and desperation. Just want someone to listen and help now
I too have been feeling terrible nausea and bloating lately, diagnosed with IBS but I wonder if there's a link with that and the irregular cervical cells my gynecologist found during my last pap (I'm going in for colposcopy soon to get that dealt with). Perhaps not, but I was talking about how I've been feeling these symptoms for the past 6 months, at least,  and they said it sounds like a gluten allergy. Today has been day 1 of gluten-free and I felt better in the morning when I didn't have the whole wheat cereal and bran that may be what makes me bloated and gassy within the hour, but not (it's midnight) I feel more nauseous than ever.
I'm keeping a food diary.
Also currently drinking a digestive ginger tea I got at a natural foods store which is causing me to BURP with relief (I've never tried it before) right when the need to throw up builds.

My point: CHECK IF YOU HAVE A GLUTEN ALLERGY. I hope this helps. Good luck to everyone.
I have been struggling with constant nausea for the past year. Ive always been very nauseous but it has never been this constant and its taking over my life. ive had countless tests done a barium swallow blood tests h pylori check and everything came back just fine. I do suffer from emetophobia and anxiety but i am sure that it is not all in my head it feels as physical as it gets. I have been staying home for fear of throwing up but i never did throw up, i havent thrown up in 4 years. I am not concerned but i am rather desperate, i want my life back, i want to go a day without having to worry about throwing up, without thinking about nausea. I eat very carefully and i drink infusions all the time, they help sometimes but other times nothing seems to take the nausea away.
I need help and i dont know where to get it from.
I see this is an old thread but I could have written most of these myself.  I have been complaining for a very long time about nausea.  I will often wake up in the morning feeling clammy and nauseated as soon as I get up, some days are worse than others. Also having stomach problems and bloating, dry mouth and throat and now hacking phlygm.  Seen numerous doctors and had numerous tests done.  GI doc finally ran a breath test had I do have bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine and was treated with Xifaxan. Unfortunately, I have had side effects from meds he has given me so very hard to manage symptoms.  He said the antibiotic was about 60% effective.  I don't like those odds.  I was feeling somewhat better but had a bad day yesterday with stomach ache, bloating and nausea.  I did start taking the probiotic, Align, the day before, not sure if that was the cause. I skipped it yesterday and am not so bad today.  I took another one today so will see how I am tomorrow.
This does affect your quality of life daily!
I am now on Omeprazole ( don't think it helps, especially my dry mouth and throat), low dose Xanax, I have taken fir years and Simethicone.  Actually, at one of my trips to the ER, the doctor suggested that.  Another trip to the ER, that doctor prescribed a liquid antacid with Simethicone.  My GI doctor told me not to use it saying it would do no good.  Well, it is one of the few things that helps!  I take one Gas-X every morning and half a Xanax and that seems to help the nausea some.
He had me on Dicyclomine then Kevsin, which did help the stomach cramping.  Well, I developed an irregular heartbeat and after over a day of that, went to the ER.  Doctor told me to stop those meds.  After a day, the heartbeat was ok but they did a halter monitor to check.  So, you can see I am really stuck when it comes to medications.
I can't take it, but some people use Phenergan for nausea.
Good luck to all.  I can certainly understand and know how aggravating it is not to get definite answers and live with these symptoms
To me it sounds like a food intolerance. The stomach problems, nausea, grumbling, bloating.. the docs call it IBS, but it's their way of saying they have no clue what it is.. they tell you to eat more of this or that but what they should be doing is telling you what you shouldn't be eating... GRAINS, Gluten is the biggest culprit for these problems... but other food intolerances can be the culprit.. start with cutting out gluten/wheat from your diet, see if it helps.. you can follow an elimination diet or do something like the paleo diet. You cut out a lot of foods but I guarantee you, you'll feel better in no time and will quickly start figuring out which foods are bothering you when you add them back in slowly. There's no reason, health wise that anyone should be consuming wheat. It's not good for you and has been so genetically modified that has created so many health problems because we can no longer digest the wheat anymore. If this helps even just one person on here stop suffering it was worth writing this post. I suffered from IBS for years, stomach was loud, I didn't have nausea but rumbling, gurgling, bloating, sharp pains in my stomach. It has gone away... change what you eat and you'll feel like a million bucks and won't have to take medicine that only has side effects..
Thanks. I don't even know what gluten is. Can you help with diet suggestions?  I was sick all last night and again this morning.  Stomach and intestines bad rumbling, bloating and nausea.
Have taken Gas-X, my Xanax and the antibiotic Xifaxan the doctor has me on again for bacterial overgrowth.
Actually, yesterday I had a capsule endoscopy done and had to fast from the day before. I could finally drink clear liquids and take meds at 10:00 am. I just took the Gas-X and my Xanax. I could have some soup and crackers and clear liquids at 1:00 pm.  Cut ally, I did not have gas or bloating or nausea. Test was done at 5:00 pm.  I again had chicken soup with some bread and butter and my iced Carmel coffee, nothing after that.  Around 2:30 am, my stomach started up, then the bloating and nausea.  Still feel that way now.  I don't know what is causing this but it is daily and I am confined to home.
I am 16 and I have been suffering from the exact same problems for nearly 5 years... I have IBS and I think that's what relates to the sudden nausea. When your start to digest its common to have nausea with IBS. And its in the morning because your stomach is just now starting to work again. Because you don't digest as fast or as much when you sleep. I haven't found a cure... I take fiber... Seems to help with IBS but not with nausea... :(
Hello, everybody. My name is Nastia. I am from Russia. My the worst problem is the constant nausea ( 8 months). My diagnosis is GERD and IBS, I can`t to live so more. I suffer from all it. I am not able to sleep, to eat. I am bad. I feel awfull. All docs say that I am healthy, and problem is in my head. I don`t believe  they are right. I worry about fixed belch too. I am beside myself with it.  Please help me. What can I do?
Hi everyone.
I have suffered from IBS for the past seven years, i was bloated, in pain, nauseous, had diarrhea at times and then soon after constipated..  I literally went to the toilet between 8-10 times a day with a normal bowel movement.

I have been for scans, x-rays and a gastroscopy. From my experience i am sure i will be able to help everyone with there IBS and how to control it...

The one thing that makes your IBS worse is STRESS, try doing some exercise to take your frustrations out or take some calmets (herbal).  

For pain i honestly suggest drops that are called ibergast, they work so well with pain (it is herbal as well) or take tissue salts number 8, as many as you like as this is herbal as well.. It will help relax your stomach and it will definitely help with your bloated tummy..

The one thing that makes you nauseous is, because your collon is so full it presses against your stomach and thats what makes you feel nauseous, so get yourself a laxitive, but do not use it too often and keep hydrated when you do (if you have diarrhea do not take a laxitive pls).

Also foods that make you bloated like junk food is not a good idea, if your IBS is bad or if you nauseous or your tummy is sore it will make it worse.

Ginger tea or lemon should help for a quick fix for nausea as well. Also take a probiotic, it balances the good and the bad bacteria we have in our stomachs.

I am not an expert but i can tell you that what i have mentioned works.  The most important thing to remember is STOP STRESSING!

Hope my advise will help those of you in pain everyday. :)
I have tried the ginger tea and it does help some but I hate tea!
My doctor is no help when it comes to meds as I have reacted to too many so have resorted to OTC meds.  I still wake up sweating and stomach starts up before I even get out of bed.  I end up usually getting up around 5:00 -6:00 am, take an Omeprazole and go back to bed.  Get up around 7:00 and take a Gas-X followed about an hour later with 1/2 Alprazolam.  That settles things down some.  I have been trying to watch what I eat and have lost about 12 lbs but don't have much appetite.  Had 2 slices of pizza the other night with olives and a little sausage and was in bad shape the next day!  I still think my insides are messed up from the bacterial overgrowth but am no better after two courses of Xifaxan,  :-(. Wish I had an answer.  
Been some time since I posted and am no better.  Still wake up around 5:00 AM with stomach grumbling and starting to hurt and sweating then the nausea and bloating start before I am even out if bed.  One specialist says rapid gastric emptying and wants to treat with BP meds.  Other Soecualist says IBS and wants to treat with Gabapentin.  I have been on the BP, low dose, med but have to watch my BP doesn't go too low and I have low BP as it is and have noticed no difference.  Tried the Gabapentin twice and felt worse.  Went yesterday for acupuncture treatment, woke up the same this morning.  Yes, this ruins your quality if life and those around you. I too have had every test. Doc at Stanford (21/2 hrs- away) wants to do a soecial 24 hr PH/bile test with the tube diwn the nose. That means two trips over there in 2 days and don't think I can get through that cause I have chronic dry mouth and throat and you can't drink or take meds.  Insurance won't pay fir an admit for this procedure and they don't do it where I live.  I am about ready to get my affairs in order.  Docs here have pretty much given up.
Hi everyone I'm 18 year old male and I've have this for about 5 years now and the doctor has put it down to stress causing IBS and won't do anything for me. All he does is give me different tablets and says its all in your head come back in a month. I usually feel better when I don't have a BM but if I do they can keep coming all day or stop. I don't know what tomorrow will bring so I never make any plans to go out my social life is going down the drain and I keep having days off work. Because of how long I've had it I get nervous about going anywhere and a lot of the time stay at home. In the last 3 months I keep losing weight and putting it back on rapidly. I'm now down to my lowest weight of 2 stone lighter because I don't eat due to being nervous about how ill feel the next day. I had a colonoscopy yet they only did 40% due to pain and then said everything was normal:( has anyone got anything that could help??? Thanks
Hi. Sounds very similar to what i experience. I find slippery elm very good and get it from Holland and Barrett. Avoid alcohol and smoking like the plague. Fennel tea and honey is very soothing too. Try not to eat spicey stuff too often and above all try not to worry too much about it. I really believe that a lot of the symptoms are made worse by worry . IBS will  not kill you so the less you worry the less it will affect you and will clear up quicker.
Jerry.
Update.  I did post on the GI boards but will post here and try to be brief.
Had been having daily problems with nausea, just about house bound and miserable.  Multiple tests.  Was told I had an emptying problem and IBS.  Was on various meds, none of which really helped and just felt worse.
Last specialist I saw for yet another opinion at Stanford felt I did not have a gastric emptying issue and she trained under the doctor who tested me.  She did not agree with the meds I was on either.  She did prescribe a new med and suggested ginger and acupuncture, which I have had before fir sciatic problems. We have an excellent acupuncture doctor here who is also an MD.  Long story short, have been going for about 5-6 weeks for treatment.  He told me to juice some fresh ginger root with honey and warm water and drink twice a day.i don't have a juicer so use a garlic press to get about a Tlbs of the ginger liquid.  Well, I have had next to no nausea fir about 3 weeks, little stomach pain and my stools are almost normal.  I have stopped 2 medications.  I am so hoping this is the remedy that is working after months of feeling sick daily.
The Stanford doctor also told me to eat Activia  daily.
Might be worth a try.  Nothing that can hurt you.
I am 14 years old and have been diagnosed with IBS mine is mainly because I have anxiety attacks so I'm constantly stressing out about something .. My symptoms are nausea headaches heartburn/acid reflux And weight loss , I've felt like this for 4 months and lost a little over 15 pounds, I was worried about how much weight I lost but my doctor said I shouldn't worry to much about it.. This stomach issue scares me everyday so my anxiety level is way up so I believe that's what keeps the nausea because the main cause of IBS is stress and anxiety because your stomachs nerves react to your brain and when your stressed out it tells you to pretty much panic.. My mom gets really Bad stress and ends up getting sick, I don't get sick I just get really nauseous. When I kin of get my mind off of it all then it seems to go away a little bit but when I sit and focus on it then it just comes back and gets worse, which is horrible since I'm a student.
I am just about to try this ginger relief. I have had nausea constantly for 6 weeks. All day every day. Made better by eating for around 90 minutes then back full force. I have already been on activia every day for last three years. I have been diagnosed with acid reflux and IBS but as I get older I just suffer worse. I have reacted to various anti nausea meds so not on anything right now. Taking pariet for the acid.

This flare up has happened to me three years on the trot, and each time I suffer for about 4-6 months then it goes away! That's what puzzles me....it goes away for months then comes back again. I don't have H-pylori. Obviously when I have no symptoms I am able to eat anything and everything but then I crash and the nausea and bloating is terrible.
Gastroenterologists in the UK tend to make very light of all the nausea...they don't understand how debilitating it can be. Mine is always worst in the mornings, lasts about 3 hours after I have got up and when it comes back later in the day it isn't as bad as the mornings.

I feel the exact same way! :( I'm even becoming depressed over this because i feel like I'm missing out on life because all i wanna do is stay home because if i get sick id rather b home! Ive been to the doctors over 10 times and they cant seem to find a problem! I take Prilosec and i have noticed it makes me feel a little better but not fully better. This has become an everyday thing for me and if it doesn't go away idk what I'm gonna do id rather not live! Im down to 89 pounds. I used to weight 98... Im going crazy! Im thinking about going to a psychiatrist to see if maybe its all in my head but i really doubt it! I know something is physically wrong with me! :,( but no ones seems to know what it is. :( :( :( :( i also suffer from constipation and im always ALWAYS BLOATED. :( i also got prescribed medicine for my nausea and it works only sometimes. :/ HELP!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot believe that this is the first time I have seen this page. I have been searching the web for the last few months about the constant nausea and this is the first time I have seen this. I am 17 and have been nauseous for over a year and a half. It has been constant and the only relief I get is by taking 8mg of zofran everyday around the clock. I started at a gastro specialist who did an upper GI which he put me on prilosec because of GERD. After that, he said that there was nothing else he could do and sent me to my family doctor. When I went to see my family doctor, he had me get a pelvic and abdominal ultrasound.  When he didn't find anything, he said that it was all in my head and sent me to a therapist. Now I do have to admit some of it could have been caused by stress and anxiety but it didn't help. I then saw a ENT because my mom thought it could have been caused by the hole that i have had in my eardrum since i was little. After having ear surgery in December, I still had no relief. Then I saw a neurologist who also thought it could be my body working over time from being anxious. After seeing two more gastro doctors, no one could help me. The last gastro doctor I saw decided that it was time to check my gallbladder, since there was also a family history of issues with the gallbladder.  After doing a scan that involved dye, they found that my gallbladder was working less than 13%. I just had my gallbladder taken out on Wednesday of last week. I am still nauseous,  but my mother said she was nauseous the first week after having hers taken out. So I will let you all know if that was the "cure" or if I am starting at square one again.
I have been having IBS flare ups for years but this last episode has lasted now for nearly a month.  Everyday I have stomach ache, nausea but never sick, dizziness and bad stomach rumbles.  I have tried cutting out various foods but nothing seems to make any difference, I have peppermint tea but am not really wanting to take drugs as these have side effects and I do not want to add to my problems.
Doctors say it could be stress but the only stress I have is feeling like this every day    Help
I found out yesterday that with ibs it doesnt have to be what you have just eaten it can be something you ate the day before that triggers it, hope this helps.
Please do keep us updated! I've wondered the same thing and they did an ultrasound but didn't see swelling, perhaps I need futher tests..
I am the same as everyone.And it does go away for a while.My family/boyfriend id say think im making it up at this stage.I noticed lately I burp a lot but I would have only had a glass of water or a cup of tea.Gurgling really loud,i sometimes feel as if mayb its hunger but its not.motillium 3 times a day is the only thing that works.and like a lot of you I also suffer or used to with IBS.I HAVE  very bad constipation all my friends used to be horrified at the size of my belly really bloated and hard all the time.I do suffer with anxiety too.I wonder are these all related?I have puked with it only bile comes up or is left lodged in my throat.I would like to find out what it is,doctors don't seem to know.   Thanks :)
lala...i am like this also...i wake up and i am hurtn in my tummy and nauseated...i am nauseated all day everyday..it is taking its toll on me...i cannot do anything,if i go somewhere i am afraid im gonna get sik,it is really bad!!! i had a colonoscopy and all done and it was normal..and of course they say its ibs,but i think thats what docs say that are lazy and dont want to do more work to find the problem...have u found out what the prob is yet?
I am not sure what I have either.  Been diagnosed with IBS, SIBO and a motility disorder,  saw 3 GI doctors.  Aside from that nightmare if a story, I am again having horrible bloating, one day of horrible pain, on and off since then and nausea.  Have had the nausea problem for quite a while.  I also wake up with it.  Had problems with meds prescribed.  The one thing that will help is Pepto Bismol, but you can't use that a lot if you get constipated.  I will take 15 ml which helps.
However, a doctor I saw at Stanford suggested ginger and honey and acupuncture.  This was about 8 months ago.  I started drinking that about 3 times a day, or sip on it throughout the day.  I also started acupuncture and after about a week, I was able to enjoy a meal and actually go out once in a while.
Not sure what the problem us now, but I am again drinking the ginger and honey and it is keeping the nausea at bay.
No acupuncture as it is the Holiday weekend.
I recommend you change your diet there are certain food combinations that you're not supposed to eat together which can increase the likelihood of having nausea Google food combinations to get a list
Hi Everybody, it's been a while since I checked this site but just had a read through of all the comments over the past years. On the one hand it's really reassuring to know that I'm not alone and other people suffer with my symptoms, on the other it's so frustrating that there are so many of us and the doctors in general aren't particularly helpful.

I definitely still have symptoms and I worry that they'll never completely go away, but there are things which can improve things like probiotics, digestif tea and stress management rather than taking streams of pills.

I'm curious to know whether anybody has discovered any really helpful alternative therapies or stress management tecniques? I know lots of people recommend yoga but I can't get to grips with it and find it a bit boring.

Thanks for all your responses and good luck to everybody!
One other thought....probably a controversial one. I had appendicitis earlier this year and had my appendix removed. Since removal of the appendix I have generally felt a lot healthier. I don't suppose there's any way that my appendix could have been causing trouble to my health in a general way before the appendicitis struck? Obviously removal of the appendix is a bit of an ordeal so I wouldn't recommend it but just wondering if anybody else has experienced anything similar?
I sufffered from constant nausea for 4 years. Saw over 30 doctors and had numerous tests but nobody had any ideas. Then finally saw a doctor who said he could help and he put me on Duloxetine which is an anti depressant even though I am not depressed and even though he told me that I wasn't depressed. He explained that this would enables certain chemicals in the brain to give the digestive system a boost and get the 'software' working again. It worked and I started to improve from day one. Tat was 2.5years ago and I am 95% better.
Ive been living with IBS for about half a year now, and the "iberogast" just doesn't work. which is supposed to relieve symptoms.
My symptoms are abdominal pain, bloating (bad), nausea, constipation and very gassy  
I just can't seem to control any of these
someone please help  
I am 18 years old and have been experiencing this exact thing for maybe 4 to 5 years now.. its so annoying to constantly feel nauseous. It hits me bad in the morning that's why I have been prescribed this medication called lanzaprozale. Funny that the medicine just makes me feel worse but after it wears off i have maybe 2 to 3 hours of peace. I have been to countless doctors that just say its just acid reflux,but a little thing inside me is saying it is something more. I have had an edoscopy done,but everything showed up normal with a bit irritation due to acid. I feel your pain when it comes to this becoming an obstacle. I used to be in sports and well now it just causes me to not try,when I'm out with friends I have to suffer through the fun night with stomach aches and feeling sick, and my sleep has been ruined. It usually takes me about 2 hours to get to knock out and I have to sleep completely sitting up to feel comfortable..I'm just eliminating alot of foods that irritate my stomach,take my medicine as regularly as I can,and eat better. It's nice to know I am not alone
I recently just started having this issue as well. It is completely debilitating. I am horribly depressed because of it.(the depression didn't cause this) This is coming from a very healthy 135 pound 22 year old, who just landed an awesome job seven months ago. Now I have been off work and working from home for going on the third week. I fear I will lose my job soon, and my medical insurance. I can't do anything anymore, used to be an extrovert, lots of friends, and went to see concerts constantly. I stay in and am a hermit now because i cant really even go out without horrible crippling nausea. I have had an endoscopy done, i have esophagus damage as well as a hiatal hernia. I'm down nearly ten pounds in a month. This is weight i cannot afford, as I have been thin my entire life. The course of treatment they have me on is omeprazole and xanax as needed for the anxiety that this is now causing. I am debating Lexapro to take the anxiety out of the equation. Or at least help. Has anyone has any success on any good and relatively inexpensive anti emetic meds?
Hi there,

I wasn't ever intending to post on this thread but I was really struck by how remarkably similar your story is to mine.

I'm 23, always been super healthy in the past, landed the dream job four months ago, and up until two weeks ago had been completely unable to function like a normal human being and go to work due to crippling, unabating nausea (although never actually vomit). I had the same fears of losing my job, and the same horrible transformation from extrovert to hermit.

Tests haven't been very helpful so far, my everything-levels are normal, I'm scheduled in for an appointment with a gastro specialist but NHS waiting lists are /long/.

I too was on omeprazole and it did nothing for me - my doctor has shifted me on to Nexium (esomeprazole) which is a stronger dosage and seems to be bringing improvements.

However, my absolute biggest recommendation would be to get hold of some Motilium (domperidone), its an anti-nausea medication and its done wonders for me. I can still feel that my stomach isn't 'right' but the nausea has almost completely gone and I have been able to return to work and feel less anxious about my job stability.

Becky x
It is amazing how many people share the same symptoms and for so many years and still there is no solution. I too have been tested for everything I gave up my job  (took that stress out of the equation) I had diarrohea, reflux, cramping, bloating, spasms, nausea. I was diagnosed with post antibiotic IBS. I have been on so many different medications and all have worked for a while but none have solved my constant nausea. Like most of you I have suffered side effects that have set me back so much that I am reluctant to try any more drugs. I have a very sympathetic doctor but nothing has really helped with the constant nausea. I am now attending a dietitian who has suggested I go on a Low FODMAP Diet and it has really worked. I recommend giving it a try but you must be strict with it. I also tried to boost my system (hurry the healing process) by using natural remedies..... unfortunately for me it has set me back about six months and 1/2 stone in weight which I could not afford to lose and am finding it difficult to gain back. I am off all drugs and am focusing on the FODMAP Diet plan again. I still have severe nausea every day esp in the mornings but sometimes all day. My doctor and Dietitian are confidant I will beat this if I just have patience cause it takes six months or more before real benefits are felt. Heres hoping. Before I destroyed my system  with the herbal remedies I really was begining to feel me again. I am not saying herbal remedies dont work they just didnt work for me. Take care
Here is what I am going through.  Diarhea(SP) part of the time, constipation part of the time, nausea all the time, vomiting 8 - 30 times a week.  No food does not help, any food does not help.  B6 was something I was already on, does not help, antacids do not help, anti-nausea meds do not help.  I do not sleep because I feel horrible, dread my days.  I am 33, lost 130 lbs healthy, and then bam sick as a dog.  Still seeing a specialist.  Going to start harrassing them until we figure this out.  Ginger has helped, but as I am finding tonight it has lost its effectiveness.  I am really starting to wonder whats going on with me.
Also I have no gallbladder, no appendix, I am running out of things to be removed.  SOMETHING has to be causing this, and it started before any real stress was added, but I am sure stress is not helping now.
It gives me just a bit of relief knowing I'm not alone in this although it's so unfortunate and discouraging to read that many of you are still going through issues years after the initial posting. I have been nauseous all day every day for about 3 months now. I had an endoscopy done as well as an abdominal ultrasound. Ultrasound was negative and endoscopy showed mild gastritis. My doctor says I probably have IBS as well. Now just to make it clear, I do stress a lot. I am on Protonix and Zantac....and it barely helps if any.

My current symptoms are nausea everyday, bloated feeling in stomach and intestines, stomach always feels full of liquid (I can hear it slushing around), occasional right side intestinal tenderness, recurring headaches, and dry/irritated eyes. As bad as it all sounds, it doesn't completely disable me but it's gotten really annoying that the doctors can't find something or prescribe something that will actually help.

My girlfriend has the same thing. Nauseous all day and constipation. They haven't done every test yet, but a lot of them.

For STRESS relief. Find an active hobby you enjoy: rock climbing, swimming, boxing, Jiujitsu, meditation, etc. Exercise helps anxiety and stress. If I don't exercise regularly my anxiety gets worse.

However, what helps her the most is smoking marijuana and now shatter, oil. It is stronger. It is the only way she can exercise and do things.

The nausea pills do pretty much nothing for her.

So, maybe try to get a medical card if it is legal where you live.

She also has anxiety.

I find after reading ALL these post that a common fact is stress or anxiety. It seem that could be causing the problem or at least making it worse.

I could have written this myself. Honestly, this is very much like what i am going through and i am 15!! It ***** because people think, oh, it is just your horomones, or it is just you starting your period, but it isn't!!!
Hi guys,

Nausea can be caused by many things. I know I know I am not helping.

Ok so here it goes. From most likely to least likely.

1)Gastritis- nausea present on empty stomach mostly morning, can wake you up but it's often accompanied by a burning sensation/knawing sensation and always made better by food. Spicy food can make it much worse, not necessarily hot by spicy. Made much worst by anti inflammatory medications such as Disprin but more obvious effect will be seen if you take a stronger Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). ( so try this combo next time your back seizes up and see what happens after a day or 2 of nsaids and some spicy food). Nausea will present when stomach is empty, bananas help me. Hence why it can be bad in afternoon. But mornings is often a guarantee.

2) Anxiety- ok please note anxiety is not like stress it is not felt or something you may be conscious of. It can be caused in the subconscious. Causes could be a job, or traumatic event or anything. Causes could have occurred years before and only surfaced or could be current. Anxiety from a break up for example could just be you avoiding malls or areas your ex spends his time. This of course manifests worse later. Or just a robbery and you feel fine. or even a change in environment, most people fight change(going to varsity away from family support structure).
Anxiety and stress increase stomach acid and unfortunately give you the same symptoms as above. Hence why these doctors are perplexed. I would tell you to take a red bull and see what happens but stimulants make gastritis worse as does alcohol. Please google GAD, generalized anxiety disorder. But that is also extreme anxiety. It's important you under stand anxiety is not felt by those experiencing it. If you are brave and want to experiment, ask your doctor for anxiety medication, symptoms will improve within a week or so. Unfortunately for you if you are the anxiety case this means you need to visit a psychologist etc, medication not a long term solution, it's treats the symptom not the cause,you need to resolve the issue. Only way you could figure this out is if your anxiety creating situation is current, coffee will make it much worse and during times of pressure nausea will be very bad. Of course if it's stress then this is the cause and you know it.

3) Motion sickness/ or inner ear problems - divers ear, full feeling ear, constant ear infections, dreams of movement which make you sick, sickness when driving or being on a boat. Need to equalize especially when driving. Well anti motion sickness medicine over the counter will fix this. Also ear nose and throat specialist can fix ear pressure problem, gromits have helped many. But some people have sensitive hairs inside the ear and again a ent will help or prescribe the right medication. Over the counter anti histamines too will help, these people.

4) others- vertigo, food intolerance(allergy), blood sugar, hormones(of course), polycystic ovary syndrome, even blood pressure, thyroid and even certain medications and vitamins(iron etc)But these are so unlikely.

Things that always help nausea is bland food, no dairy, eat frequently, avoid alcohol and coffee .Eat bananas and ginger lolly pops(pregnancy pops).

Good luck.

I understand completely how you are feeling! For the last 2 years I have struggled with feeling nauseous daily, abdominal pain, grumbling stomach constantly, and burning feeling in my stomach and throat. I to have been to doctors and been told there is nothing structurally wrong with me and they have labeled it IBS and are just trying to treat the symptoms. Which *****! I understand how it affects your social life and even your work life at times. I often wont eat if I have something planned for the day or am out for a night with my friends because I am afraid of feeling nauseous and having to go home. Some things that have worked for me are taking Essential Oils peppermint oil or anise star oil. Sometimes I will rub a little bit of the peppermint oil on my throat so I can inhale it and that relieves some of the nausea or just put a few drops in a capsule. My doctor has me taking Promethazine and Nortiptyline to help control the nausea and IBS symptoms. Those may be some medications to talk to your doctor about. Some other good nausea medications are Zofran or Compazine. Also I have tried an all natural product called Plexus and I take their ProBio5 and Bio Cleanse which have helped my IBS symptsoms. The Plexus can be ordered online!! I would give that a try!! Many people have found relief from IBS with these products and I have personally read many many testimonials.  

I honestly hope you are able to get some relief for your symptoms! I know how much it can suck feeling nauseated everyday and it brings me to tears just knowing you feel that way because I know first hand how that feels. I hope those medications give you some ideas to talk to your doctor about.
I had the similar IBS symptoms with no side effects other than nausea, generally after eating food. It was so bad to the point that it made me feel very anxious and depressed. I had every single diagnostic test available to no avail. I eventually found the correct treatment, from advice from my gastro specialist

Potentially medications, remedies and treatment that I tried included:

Peppermint oil
Ginger
Jam
Elimination diet
Sedating antihistamines
Low dose amitryptiline
Probiotics
Omeprazole.
High fibre diet
Milk thistle
Other herbs recommended by a Herbalist

None to any avail, however through my research I discovered that each treatment had success with particular patients.

My gastroenterologist was brilliant, reassuring me that this nausea will not last for ever. It is common for it to eventually disappear, whilst being a frequent problem in patients aged 20-25.

I got results on a low dose antidepressant called sertraline (zoloft). Antidepressants work by supressing the vagus nerve in the stomach which was sensitive to my symptoms.

I feel that the anxiety that developed really exacerbated the feeling of nausea in a viscous cycle of negativity. Stay positive, there will be a light at the end of the tunnel with persistence.

Note: this is not medical advice that is a substitute for medical information from your doctor/specialist. Always seek medical advice and don't self-treat.  
A friend had this happen and it turned out she had giardia--water born parasite--testing involves getting 3 stool samples.