Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Is there any relief from constant nausea?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

For the past few years I have had problems with my digestive/gastro-intestinal health. About two years ago I noticed that I seemed to be having a more frequently upset stomach (usually diarrhoea) than was normal. About once a month I'd have a severly upset stomach but the rest of the time I'd be fine. Then about a year and a half ago I realised that I was feeling nauseaous every single day, usually in the morning, but sometimes in the afternoons too. Often eating would relieve the feeling for a couple of hours, but at other times eating would make me feel much worse and even sicker. Since then I have been to see various doctors and gastro specialists, I've had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy but they have not discovered anything. The common diagnosis is that it is IBS, but I don't really suffer from the constipation/diarrhoea pattern and nausea is my biggest problem. I have also noticed that I am quite bloated (much more than I used to be) and my stomach is constantly churning, grumbling and making noises. I feel like I constantly want to press and kneed my stomach, because it is so bloated, pulsing and gassy. Despite the never-ending nausea I have never actually been sick, however when I'm feeling really nauseous I seem to swallow excessively which can make me feel terrible.

Although nausea doesn't sound like a particularly bad problem it affects me every day and can prevent me living my life as I want to. I often feel that I can't be active or do excercise because my stomach feels so uncomfortable and I feel so sluggish. It can disrupt nights out with my friends when I suddenly feel incredibly sick or my stomach is upset. Frustratingly doctors seem to lose interest in finding out what's wrong now that they know it's nothing serious, but I long for the days when I didn't worry about what my stomach was doing or how I was feeling.

Can anyone help or does anybody else suffer from similar symptoms? Furthermore does anybody have a cure for nausea that really works? I've tried Dom Peridone (Motillium), peppermint capsules, ginger capsules and so far no relief!

Any input gratefully received.

LaLa
Hey, I am currently having the exact same thing.  it started last saturday though; only a week now, but i am already over it.  i have had a dr appointment and she has suggested i have a gastroscopy and colonoscopy and try to get to the bottom of it.  i am almost too scared to eat cause i dont know if i'll feel better or worse, so i have dropped 3 kg in a week.  my belly rumbles and grumbles all the time too and if i do a belly wave - in and out i can make it grumnble really loudly. weird!  so i am eaing foods i sort of know are ok, but then yesterday i had some rice like i have in the last few days, but yesterday it made me feel yukky???  dont know?? dr has put me on zantac for a possible ulcer, and it has helped a bit but not completely, although i have read they can take up to four weeks to clear an ulcer?

i also dont have the typical bowel symptoms; just nausea really.  i do get a bit of diarrhea but that is only when i sit and stress about what it is that is wrong with me. until i know, i am destined to stress as i'm prone to a fair bit of anxiety.

can you tell me a bit more about your symptoms?  have you found yourself googling your symptoms and then freaking out about all the possibilities?  what was the gastroscopy like?  thats concerning me too!!
Hey there,

It sounds like your doctor is taking it quite seriously (which is a good sign that they want to help you get it fixed). It's the nausea and the growling in my stomach which is the worst for me. If I rub my stomach it churns and gurgles and feels really horrible. Obviously mine's been going on for quite a while so not sure if it's the same thing, but it is so frustrating not knowing what's wrong and looking for answers that nobody seems to have!

As for food, it seems that I can eat something one day and be absolutely fine and another day it'll make me feel really sick. I just wish I could find out what was causing it as it makes you really paranoid and suspicious of everything.

Don't worry about the colonoscopy and gastroscopy/endoscopy - they'll knock you out so that you barely know what's happening. The gastroscopy is slightly uncomfortable but it's probably the prep (taking the laxatives for the colonoscopy) which is the worst part of the whole thing. Anyway, it'll hopefully give you peace of mind that it's nothing really serious, although in a way I found myself wishing they'd find something just so I'd finally know what this problem is!

Good luck!
B6-- 25 or 50 mg is very good for nausea. It is sometimes given to
pregnant women. My daughter took it so it would not be harmful
to the baby but helped her. I take it as well. It has other benefits
for women. You can get it in the drugstore and it's inexpensive.
Try it and you'll probably notice right away that it helps!
Hi! Wow, this sounds so very similar to what I'm suffering from. I'm 21 and have been getting nausea for about 5 months now. I initially got sick from antibiotics I was on for a tooth ache 6 months ago. Then from that I got 2 bouts of gastroenteritis over Christmas/New Years. I was okay for a few weeks, then gradually started to feel sick again. No diarrhea like I had with the gastro, just severe sickness. But like you, I never actually vomit. Even when I had gastro I wasn't sick! Anyway, I had an emergency gastroscopy and colonoscopy (as I had to wait like 3 weeks to see a specialist! I ended up in emergency it got that bad!) and they found I had chemical gastritis - inflamation (inflammation) of the stomach lining cause by acid. So I was put on anti-acid medication that (after 6 weeks) made me worse. So my specialist put me on another type of medication but after 4 weeks of that, still no better. I have seen 2 seperate specialists, as the first seemed to be too busy to even remember my name and basically said "We don't have all the anwers, get a second opinion'. After I stopped that last medication, I felt better for a few days (it was such a relief, I'd forgotten what it felt like to have a normal stomach!) but alas, my body was teasing me. One doctor seemed to just get frustrated at me as I was almost crying during a consultation and told me it was probably just anxiety (such a bulls*** cop-out in my opinion). I KNOW it's not that. Problem is, I've had every test imaginable: gastroscopy, colonoscopy, countless blood tests, stool samples, urine tests, ultrasounds, CT Scan... I know what it feels to kind of just be given up on after all the big things are ruled out. But HOW can they be ruled out when I feel like this every day?! From the moment I wake up to the moment i go to bed, I have no relief. The worst thing about this is that I am about to go overseas on my own for 8 months - travelling everywhere. Saving for this my entire life, so to go through it with nausea is so upsetting...

I've kind of just accepted that I'll be putting up with this for the rest of my life. I'm seeing a naturopath on Wednesday. I'm literally trying everything!
Hi! I know exactly how you feel. Been going through IBS for about 3 years now . I get nauseated about once every week for about the past month. When it hits me it is usually at night and I get the shakes with it. I sometimes have BM but sometimes not. When it gets really bad I take an antispasmotic which stops the nausea. I now feel scared to go anywhere at night in case it hits. I have been seeing a herbal specialist that has really helped in the past. Have you tried a probiotic. It usually helps me. When I was younger I was always constipated. Now it goes back and forth. My herbal lady says it is because my colon is a muscle and it wasn't used alot growing up so it is very weak. When I do have BM it can make me feel very sick. She says I need to build up my colon muscles. She also says when I have a BM it is like getting a muscle cramp. Which is what it feels like. She has really helped me. Hope this helps.
Hi there,

Thanks for the tip, I'll go out and get some B6 and see if it helps!
Hi Allison,

Sounds like you've been through a really rough time and I share your frustration. Let me know if you get anywhere. I'm seeing my doctor again about it this week. I'm trying to keep my fingers crossed but i'm losing hope that anything will ever help. I too have not been taken seriously and was referred to a therapist who kept asking about my past and not dealing with the problem at hand. It just makes me so mad that people think it's in my head just because they haven't yet found the medical problem which is causing it. Good luck with everything!
Hi Radtech,

How do you build up your colon muscles - are there some exercises? I'll take your advice about trying a herbalist - I'm desperate to try anything!

Thanks.
no excercises but some herbal remedies that help strenghen the walls.  hope it helps.
I have a similar problem & am trying to get answers too. I have had nausea, vomiting, cold sweats for about 20 years. I have had so many tests. The Dr.'s thought mainly: gall bladder or ulcer. - but I usually feel better after I eat, if I force food down when I'm sick. I usually get sick in the mornings, before lunch. I have had upper g.i. with small intestine follow through, blood tests for glucose, low blood sugar, diabetes, to check liver, pancreas, hida scan, ultra sound of the gall bladder, ge reflux, etc., & nothing found yet. Gall bladder problems usually cause you to get sick after eating greasy food, but that doesn't seem to bother me, & I feel better after eating. Mine starts with cold sweats, then nausea, & if I eat the right thing in time, it'll go away, but if not, I vomit. Then if I eat a meal, it goes away in about 20 min.'s. It almost always happens before lunch, but now is also starting to get worse, getting nausea in the late afternoon until I eat a snack. The longer I have this, the more often it happens.
I have a similar problem & am trying to get answers too. I have had nausea, vomiting, cold sweats for about 20 years. I have had so many tests. The Dr.'s thought mainly: gall bladder or ulcer. - but I usually feel better after I eat, if I force food down when I'm sick. I usually get sick in the mornings, before lunch. I have had upper g.i. with small intestine follow through, blood tests for glucose, low blood sugar, diabetes, to check liver, pancreas, hida scan, ultra sound of the gall bladder, ge reflux, etc., & nothing found yet. Gall bladder problems usually cause you to get sick after eating greasy food, but that doesn't seem to bother me, & I feel better after eating. Mine starts with cold sweats, then nausea, & if I eat the right thing in time, it'll go away, but if not, I vomit. Then if I eat a meal, it goes away in about 20 min.'s. It almost always happens before lunch, but now is also starting to get worse, getting nausea in the late afternoon until I eat a snack. The longer I have this, the more often it happens. Also, the Dr. put me on prevacid to help me not vomit, & it has helped a lot. Most times now, I get nausea & feel like vomiting, but don't. Still, I do sometimes.
(more to my above message): Also, I get a stomach ache now sometimes too. I actually feel like I have the flu, & then after I eat, it goes away.
Hey lalalondon! (and everybody else! My goodness you're sounding very similar to me. I'm 22 and have had chronic nausea almost every day for the past 5 or so years. I totally understand what you mean when you say it stops you from living the way you want to...it really is so debilitating and can really make you feel depressed. I had all sorts of tests done including MRIs and gastroscopies - they showed nothing abnormal. Then I got a very different perspective - I saw a psychiatrist and he brought my attention to the fact that it's very possible that the body can manifest it's emotional symptoms (anxiety, stress) into physical ones. For some people it might be migraines or reflux or whatever, but unfortunately for us it's nausea. I really disagreed with this perspective when I was first told but as the years go on I'm starting to think it's right. The nausea doesn't have any direct kind of association with stress or anxiety, it's more that your body has become used to retreating to nausea as a coping mechanism...or more simply it's just become used to switching on the nausea. Is this sounding plausible!? I suffer the same issues with eating and going out and random bouts of nausea too...a medication that has been very good for me is Stematyl (just an anti-nausea med) or Maxalon. Give them a go bc they really help me - even if it is just a placebo! I hope you get yourself sorted, it's the absolute worst x
I have been suffering from nausea for over a year now. I got it 2 years ago when i was told i had a kidney infection. The nausea went after 2 weeks. I have always suffered with constipation and at times could go a whole week without going to the loo. But when i did go i would be on the loo for over an hour.
Then a year ago i got very cold and began feeling the nausea coming back. I went to the docs and they said again it could be a kidney infection. They tested my urine and gave me antibiotics. Since last summer the longest i have gone without feeling sick is 4 weeks! That now would be a dream to have 4 weeks of feeling better. In Feb/March time i was given Colpermin which helped to keep me regular and then i had 4 weeks of feeling ok! But then 3 weeks ago the sickness began and the doc once again asked for a urine sample!! This got sent to the lab as i was told they had found something and they gave me antibiotics. I ended up going to a&e at 1 point as the nausea was that bad i couldnt even hold a converstaion as speaking or doing anything made the sickness worse. At the hosp they tested my urine and said it was fine and there was no infection.
The next day was my friends wedding and i dont know how i managed to get through that day. My stomach ballooned up and my dress would hardly fit. I struggled to eat or drink 1 drink for th toast. The day after the nausea eased a little and then last week for 3 days i felt alot better. Then on Thursday out of the blue i began feeling nausea and shivering. My few days off work were spoilt due to feeling very sick and my belly ballooned. I then was actually sick and then had runny poo's. I was meant to be having a night away with my boyfriend and as we have had to cancel about 3 holidays, 2 family parties and the whole of xmas die to my nausea and stomach troubles i had to try and get through the 2 days away. It was hell!
My doctor has tried me on the following sickness tablets:
Cyclizine, Metoclopramide, motilium, domperidone, buccastem & also ondansetron which none have helped me. I have tried ginger also but this does nothing. The doc says they are to send me to have a camera look inside of me but im waiting for the appointment.
This is ruining my life, my job and my relationship as i can go days with feeling that sick i cant do anything. My other half is getting to the point he cant book a holiday for us as theres always a good chance i will get poorly and unable to fly or travel anywhere. Its cost me about £600 in cancelling trips, holidays in the last year.
I find the nausea the worst symptom i have as nausea can stop you from doing so much. I would love to find something to cure the nausea but the doc told me i have tried everything he can think of. So fed up :(
Wow, cant believe all that I am reading. I was diagnosed with IBS about 12 years ago and had a barium enema done, telling me I have tiny pockets in my stomach lining that can keep foodparticals and than turn into bacteria that can make me feel nausious.
I have been pretty good for years, but the last week I have been having a horrible stomach ache everytime I would eat something. And have a bloated stomach on top of it. I have been eating toast today and drinking water, but it seems to come on in the afernoons and not sure what to do about it. I tried today to start eating healthy to see if I can clean out my stomach. Ofcourse I do not know if this is my IBS flaring up, because I never hd the nausea with it, but now reading all of this I wonder if I should go to the doctor and see what she will say.
I am 27 years old and I was diagnosed with IBS about 13 years ago. Although nausea has been part of my life since I can remember, about 4 years ago I started having dizziness and nausea every day. Although I never throw up, it gets so bad that I also fear going out. Four years ago they told me that the nausea and dizziness was caused by my IBS so I started limiting my lactose and gluten consumption and this helped a little bit but what helped the most was Levosulpiride and Trimebutine. While I was taking these medications I was feeling really good like I never had before (I even thought, WOW this is how regular people feel!) no nausea, no dizziness! I then stopped taking the medication and the nausea returned. Then went back to the Dr. and they gave me Mebeverine instead of the Levosulpiride. Although it worked for a while, after some time of taking it, it stopped working. The Dr. then gave me an antibiotic called Rifaximine, since in the last years doctors believe most of IBS is caused by overgrowth of Bacteria in the small intestine and if given special antibiotics, a lot of people has even been cured. I took the antibiotic three weeks ago and I have been taking Trimebutine and Simeticone and it has not been working. I have been feeling worse than ever this past week and I am really desperate. I will be going back to the Dr. again next week and I hope they will give me again Levosulpiride and I will be able to feel good again. Maybe you guys could try the antibiotics or the Levosulpiride since this last one is the only medication that has helped me with the nausea (I have also tried Reglan and it worked for a while but it gave me anxiety as a side effect). Good luck to you all!
I heard about the antibiotic Rifaximine but am reluctant to try any more antibiotics.  My diagnosis is "post-infectious IBS" - basically over use of anti-biotics prescribed by negligent doctors and then a really bad stomach infection while traveling in India.  The result?  IBS symptoms for 9 months.  Like everyone else, I've done all the tests, however, I don't want to take any of the medications.  I've been trying to adjust with acupuncture, herbs and diet (but why o why do I have to give up my coffee?).  There was a period where I was feeling better but then stupidly went out and drank champagne.  How careless!!!!  That sent me back into a spiralling relapse.   This is has been an awful challenging year.  I developed anemia and other deficiencies because of mal-absorption.  My fatigue is crippling as well as constant stomach ache.  My acupuncturist seems so confident we'll get through this but I'm admittedly skeptical.
I know how you feel. i have suffered chronic nausea every day since i was 19( I am now 23). my doctor believes it may be a severe symptom of GERD but all he put me on was maximum strength prevacid, phenergran, and bonine when neccessary. the damage i am having to do to my liver with all the meds is rediculous. i take 90 phenergrans in about three weeks, normally i have at least ten to twelve episodes a month where i have to take the bonine and the prevacid every day. i still can barely eat and have been checked for a multitude of digestive issues as well as having to go to a therapist and nothing has helped. i spent the first two years i had this problem eating mashed potatoes because everything else made me feel so terrible. now i have a vitamin deficiency due to the limited diet. hope you find an answer to your problem....wish i would find a definate diagnosis so i could get the right treatment and get better myself.
I'm 18 and ever since the end of the 10th grade I started feeling constant nausea, every day, all day. Then in 11th grade it went away and I felt good for most of the year(here and there i'd be nauseas). Then what do you know in 12th grade I started getting it again, all day, everyday, it never stops. In the past may, i got really annoyed and went to go see a doctor. I got a endoscopy done and nothing was found, i got a sonogram done and nothing was found. Next week I am getting a barium xray or something. I've lost ~8 pounds since then but I think it's because I don't eat. When I eat nothing happens I don't get more nauseas or less nauseous but I do get a bloating sensation in my upper abdomen. My nausea is really located in the lower part of my abdomen(lower instestinal area). Also, I feel like i have to use the bathroom for a good majority of the time but when i go sit, i cant get anything out. I burp consistently and sometimes i get harsh waves of nausea but i never puke. I must say that I don't suffer from loss of appetite, I always am "hungry" as in I wanna eat the food but my body won't let me like I rarely get the feeling of hunger. Recently I started to get eye floaters (not sure if  this is linked or not) like since 2or 3 weeks ago. My stomach also is "moving" all the time. It like grumbles but not constantly but sometimes that makes it feel better if i can get it to grumble. I push on my abdomen as if there was something in there because it does feel like i can just kneed my stomach out. When i say stomach i am talking about my lower intestinal area of my abdomen. I get nervous that I will be sick if I eat so I only eat at my house. Which ***** cuz i have to go through a whole day of college without eating. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?
I really am on the same page with most of you. I have been having chronic nausea since November 2006 when it became an everyday affair.  Always - everyday.  Not enough to make me vomit. No pain except when I get a left lower abdomen pain that they believe is a mild form of diverticulosis. I have been to three gastros, two interns, had every test possible, was told that I have GERD but I don't get acid reflux and IBS which is a catch all when they don't know what you have.  All the tests show little abnormalities but nothing dramatic.  The results of one test indicate that when I am having nausea the that I have acid in my esophagas. That test was where I had to have a monitor inserted via my nose into the esophagus for 24 hours to register acid.
I have a small hernia, a gall bladder that isn't working at 100 percent, but when they tested it they said was not bad enough to operate.  If I eat I feel better for a while but then the nausea returns in an hour or so.  It seems that as soon as my stomach is empty I am nauseous. But then I eat again, feel better, then again sick feeling.  I was told I don't have an ulcer or didn't when I had the tests done about 3 years ago. I was a put on proto pump inhibitors, different kinds at different times. I wanted to try to do it without drugs but had to recently return to taking them again along with sucralfate which is given to ulcer patients.  You take it 3 hours after you eat and one hour before your next meal. It coats the stomach and esophagus. After three weeks,   I am not feeling much better. But I am going to try to be really careful with my diet and see if it gets any better over the next couple of weeks before I set an appointment with a U.C. Davis Medical School Gastro.  I can't sleep at night because of nausea and am going to buy an electric bed so I can raise the bed to try to avoid any acid in the esophagus. It is exhausting.    
The danger is if it is acid in the esophagus, it can ultimately develop into esophageal cancer so taking the sucralfate is to hopefully protect the lining of the esophagus.

I am interesting in any treatments or diets that have worked for anyone.
Lorraine
I KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL!!!!! I am dizzy/ naseus 80% of the time. Preventing me from having a care free life of coming and going as i wish. If i didnt work for my family business i would have been fire LONG ago. Mornings are always the worst for some reason. And being 28 and sexually active it sometimes scares the heck out of me thinking im possibly pregnant. Ive had two kids and this feeling at times totoaly feels like im preggo again. The past 2 or so years have been the absolute worst for me. Dr's definitly dont take me seriously just as you say. They want to blame it all on stress or depression. Yes it is very stressful to feel like this daily and not be able to be an active mother as i wish to be. Im tired of telling my children " im sorry i cant go outside and run around right now, mommy doesnt feel well again"!!!!! Ive have both procedures done where they stick the camera tube down my throat, and one up the other end lol. I felt confident that i would find answers in getting those tests done, but nothing. Its come to the point i HATE Doctors. I know something is wrong with me and im not talking emotionally as the doctors want to say.... and then push me out the door and on to the next patient. I only feel comfort that someon understands me by reading these posts, where other people have the Same Exact symtoms (symptoms) as I do. But at the same time it is so discuraging seeing how everyone says the same thing about doctors and how they seem almost heartless about our situation. Ive been told to go to a therapist several times becasue i have broke down crying to dr's. This is no way to live life. And i want a solution. Yes of course im going to cry about it because i just want to go on with life and not be sick every single day. Yes this makes me cry. Doesnt mean im a depressed person and need therapy.
Well for me i have gone to many many Dr'sand speacialists, my next try is going to be a homeopathic dr and testing myself for food alergies (allergies). I really dont know what else to do.
What also ***** is knowing how annoying i sound to other people when i say "i feel sick again"..... ESpecially the look on my childrens face when im letting them down not being an active mother all the time.

What to do? What to do?
Hi everybody, I haven't posted in a couple of years and it's interesting reading back to how I was feeling then and comparing it with how I am feeling now. Things are by no means perfect but my life is not nearly so disrupted by all the nausea and symptoms as it was two years ago. There are a few things which I think have helped which might or might not be useful for any of the rest of you:

1) I got a different job which I am much happier in. I was (and still am) cynical that stress or anxiety was causing these problems, but I definitely think stress makes the the existing problem worse. Without even realising it I was dreading work on a daily basis and I think this was adding to my unsettled stomach. Now I don't exactly love my job but I don't dread and fear it so I think this has helped.

2) I have been taking Optibac probiotics for Daily Immunity. This could be a placebo effect as again it seems like a simple solution but i've definitely had fewer episodes of upset stomachs and cramping since taking them.

3) I'm being more careful with what I eat. Weirdly enough all the usual things which people say you shouldn't eat too much of (cakes, chocolate, pasta) make me feel fine, whereas some of the 'healthier' stuff like garlic, too much fruit and certain vegetables make things worse. I'm sure this type of thing is personal to everybody but it did make me think that often a so called perceived 'healthy diet' doesn't work for everybody - in fact for those of us with gastro problems it could be making it worse.

Anyway, these are small things and there doesn't seem to be a quick fix solution but they've helped me out.

The one thing I really need to try to master now is travelling out of the UK as this is when things really flare up. It doesn't have to be an exotic country, even a trip to France or Spain will have me running to the toilet and feeling constantly sick. A trip to Cuba last year was really ruined by feeling sick and having an upset stomach the whole time - I lost a stone in just under 3 weeks (which when you weigh 8.5 stone is quite substantial!) Next time I go away i'm going to try Optibac Probiotics for travelling abroad as i've read some good things about these, however I am trying to come to terms with the fact that i'm always going to have to be more careful than other people and this problem may never go away completely.

I hope some of you can find some solutions that help you, I know what a drain it can be on your life and it's so depressing when it feels like nobody understands or cares.

Good luck xx
hi i have also gastro problem for last 12 years, i have always upset in my abdomen, thick sticky paste like stool, gas/air in abdomen, intolerance with all dairy products, sweets fish and eggs, im living very upset life, in last 12 years i have taken lots of medicine, did all kinds of tests (normal) but no improvement, now im tired of my life, im taking probiotics which are very expensive and slightly helps,,, now what more i should do

kazim,
age:33 wt: 55kg. pakistan
You have a classic infection is your gut, either small intestine or colon, or both. Your good bacteria (probiotic) in your gut is low in number and overwhelmed by the bad bacteria. The bad bacteria then wreck havoc unchallenged by the good bacteria, they started eating away to your intestinal wall and cause tiny holes in your small intestine.

Bad bacteria infection do release gas in your intestine or stomach, this is where your bloating and gas in abdomen.

With your good bacterias down in number, the food that you eat is not digested properly and particles of partially undigested food sap through the holes in your intestine. These particles then made their way into your blood stream, your White blood cells looked at these partially undigested food as "Foreign" objects and started attacking them. This is why you have the Lactose intolerance, and alergic (allergic) to anything dairy.

Eating probiotic might help a little because it brings new good bacteria into the battlefield. BUT still not enough, the number of good bacteria in a probiotic pill is so low compare to the overwhelming bad bacteria in your gut.

What you should do is eat fermented food, such as Saurkraut, Yoghurt (if you're lactose intolerance you might wanna skip yoghurt), Kimchi, etc...

In a single serving of properly fermented saurkraut has a huge number of good bacteria EQUAL to an entire bottle of probiotic. So don't waste your money on expensive pills, use food as your natural treatment.

Btw, PLEASE look up on Dr. Natasha Campbell McBride, she's the No1 expert in leaky gut syndrome. There is a 2 hour long interview of her on Dr. Mercola website, absolutely smashing information that will put your IBS and Lactose intolerance problem to rest.

And buy her book, Gut and Psychological Syndrome. But I would say, listen to her interviews first before you buy the book!
I was the same way. Mine started in the ninth grade. I would have periods where I wouldn't wanna eat and eventually I started having anxiety attacks. After a period of anxiety and depression and stomach issues and nausea, ( my parents were going through an awful divorce) I finally decided to see a doctor. I had an x ray done and I was diagnosed with acid reflux. He said while i was drinking the chalk, it would go back up my esophogus before it went down to my stomach. I was put on nexium and prevacid and zantac and it seemed to subside. But for the past six months I been experiencing nausea. This past week I been experiencing loss of appetite. A feeling of needing to burp so bad it feels like I might puke. Pain right below my breasts and rib cage. I also still have symptoms of reflux. Mostly hot liquid in the back of my throat and the urge to burp. I just have no idea what is going on with my body. Sprite helps because it makes me burp but why am i having this in the first place? The other bad thing is that stress and worriying make me feel sicker. I don't think it's in my head but it could have an effect on how i feel.
I SO understand that. You finally start crying or having anxiety because you're nauseous all the time and then they say "see! it's an emotional disorder" and you know it's not! That is so frustrating. I was given prilosec and it made my symptoms worse. Then I looked up the common side effects of it and they include nausea and vomiting! I had to quit taking them. It's so much worse in the morning, too. I wish I could understand why that is. By the afternoon I can function. The morning is like a battle. But they rule out major problems and then just want to shove you out the door with an anti-depressant. I'm not depressed! I'm nauseous!
I so understand that. You finally start crying or having anxiety because you're nauseous all the time and then they say "see! it's an emotional disorder" and you know it's not! That is so frustrating. I was given prilosec and it made my symptoms worse. Then I looked up the common side effects of it and they include nausea and vomiting! I had to quit taking them. It's so much worse in the morning, too. I wish I could understand why that is. By the afternoon I can function. The morning is like a battle. But they rule out major problems and then just want to shove you out the door with an anti-depressant. I'm not depressed! I'm nauseous!
I have just read all your comments now and I see this was in 2008. Not sure if you have gotten better in time, but all these symptoms you're describing can come from coeliac disease as well. I have had gagging problems for about 8-9 months now I have never vomited though. I found out it could be a symptom from coeliac and even though I had been diagnosed almost 10
Years ago I hadn't been eating a fully gluten free diet. When I started eating strictly again I immediately felt better! Yesterday I ate something I shouldnt have an then felt bloated, sore in the tummy and had gagging feelings all night. Hope this helps even though it's been a while?
I started having the same symptoms about 3 months ago.  I get nauseous every 2-3 weeks but never throw up just dry heave and often diarrhea.  Sometimes it's so bad I can't get out of bed.  Other times it is brief.  I've had a cat scan, blood work, endoscopy, ultrasound.  All normal.   I was diagnosed with h pylori but I don't think that was the problem because I took the anti iotics and I still have same symptoms.   I am on probiotics. I'll start taking B6
My dr has me on Prilosec and Zantac but still no real relief.

Any other suggestions much appreciated!
I too have been suffering with constant nausea. It usually starts with that nervous stomach, anxiety feeling and gets worse during the day. I have had 2 gastroendoscopys and although the first one showed some irritation, the follow up showed that what was there cleared up. I have recently been taking DGL which is a deglycerized licorice supplement that naturally stimulates the stomach protection, and it seems to have helped.
My name is Amber N. Haynes. I am 16 years old, I have tried every kind of nausea medicine. I haven't consulted my current docter about it. I recently was placed into another foster home in March, then again in May, and again in June, and again in July, and just a month ago...My symptoms started in February....I can barely eat anything. I can barely hold down WATER or sprite. But nothing seems to work. None of my Foster parents know what to do. None have even seen this kind of thing. Does anyone know what i should do?
hey I was diagnosed with IBS and been living with it for (shocking now that I think of it) 20 yrs! I suffer from chronic diarrhea pretty much everyday of my life and have been on meds to help make my movements normal..my son was just diagnosed last week and he has neither diarrhea nor constipation just serious bowel spasms..to have IBS doesn't mean one or the other it could just be u explained spasms overactive bowels whatever..do certain moods or foods make u worse than others? when I'm really nervous about something or worried My bowels go crazy..different people also have different trigger foods that set it off..mine is anything dairy so soy is what I will drink when I feel like milk..oh and if I don't get a good sleep I wake up in the bthrm as well! it really really sux but after 20 yrs it's a way of life for me..take care hope u get it sorted out and feel better!
WHAT antibiotics?!
Please email me . . . I can help you.
Kay Stence, CHHC, AADP
***@****
This is a late reply but I'm 13 and I have had ibs for a year now, I take meberverine and it helps with the cramps and dioreaha, but now we are just looking for treatments on symptoms because I have a phobia of sick and feeling sick all the time and never actually sick worries me and makes me feel worse, trying mintech at the moment, ibs does ware off of you eat the right diet. I have too many sugary foods and cereal:/
I've read all these posts with interest. I suffered with my stomach for many years and often felt sick and had diarrhoea especially in the mornings. Eventually it got so bad that I ended up in hospital being really dehydrated. To cut a long story short I had endoscopies that showed a bit of inflammation and the doctor told me to come off both dairy and gluten which I did and for the first time in a very long time - I slowly started to feel better. I could tell the difference straightaway but it took my body a long time to sort itself out and get my strength back. I strongly believe that some people are suffering from food intolerances or allergies. My husband came off dairy recently as he was suffering with his stomach - he's a lot better.
Hi, I don't really know who to talk to for help, I just feel like maybe someone going through my worry can understand. After a traumatic pregnancy I had my first child. Labour was good but I had some complications. Since having my daughter I have lost close to 6 stone in about 16 months. I haven't been so light and small since I was in primary school. I do not feel hungry and I look like skin and bones. I feel nauseous pretty much everyday. My life feels empty as I am so frail and poorly to enjoy time with our little girl, friends and hubby. I have had ct, MRI, blood and stool tests, and endoscopy opt and  colonoscopy so they said it must be ibs and desperation. Just want someone to listen and help now
I too have been feeling terrible nausea and bloating lately, diagnosed with IBS but I wonder if there's a link with that and the irregular cervical cells my gynecologist found during my last pap (I'm going in for colposcopy soon to get that dealt with). Perhaps not, but I was talking about how I've been feeling these symptoms for the past 6 months, at least,  and they said it sounds like a gluten allergy. Today has been day 1 of gluten-free and I felt better in the morning when I didn't have the whole wheat cereal and bran that may be what makes me bloated and gassy within the hour, but not (it's midnight) I feel more nauseous than ever.
I'm keeping a food diary.
Also currently drinking a digestive ginger tea I got at a natural foods store which is causing me to BURP with relief (I've never tried it before) right when the need to throw up builds.

My point: CHECK IF YOU HAVE A GLUTEN ALLERGY. I hope this helps. Good luck to everyone.
I have been struggling with constant nausea for the past year. Ive always been very nauseous but it has never been this constant and its taking over my life. ive had countless tests done a barium swallow blood tests h pylori check and everything came back just fine. I do suffer from emetophobia and anxiety but i am sure that it is not all in my head it feels as physical as it gets. I have been staying home for fear of throwing up but i never did throw up, i havent thrown up in 4 years. I am not concerned but i am rather desperate, i want my life back, i want to go a day without having to worry about throwing up, without thinking about nausea. I eat very carefully and i drink infusions all the time, they help sometimes but other times nothing seems to take the nausea away.
I need help and i dont know where to get it from.
I see this is an old thread but I could have written most of these myself.  I have been complaining for a very long time about nausea.  I will often wake up in the morning feeling clammy and nauseated as soon as I get up, some days are worse than others. Also having stomach problems and bloating, dry mouth and throat and now hacking phlygm.  Seen numerous doctors and had numerous tests done.  GI doc finally ran a breath test had I do have bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine and was treated with Xifaxan. Unfortunately, I have had side effects from meds he has given me so very hard to manage symptoms.  He said the antibiotic was about 60% effective.  I don't like those odds.  I was feeling somewhat better but had a bad day yesterday with stomach ache, bloating and nausea.  I did start taking the probiotic, Align, the day before, not sure if that was the cause. I skipped it yesterday and am not so bad today.  I took another one today so will see how I am tomorrow.
This does affect your quality of life daily!
I am now on Omeprazole ( don't think it helps, especially my dry mouth and throat), low dose Xanax, I have taken fir years and Simethicone.  Actually, at one of my trips to the ER, the doctor suggested that.  Another trip to the ER, that doctor prescribed a liquid antacid with Simethicone.  My GI doctor told me not to use it saying it would do no good.  Well, it is one of the few things that helps!  I take one Gas-X every morning and half a Xanax and that seems to help the nausea some.
He had me on Dicyclomine then Kevsin, which did help the stomach cramping.  Well, I developed an irregular heartbeat and after over a day of that, went to the ER.  Doctor told me to stop those meds.  After a day, the heartbeat was ok but they did a halter monitor to check.  So, you can see I am really stuck when it comes to medications.
I can't take it, but some people use Phenergan for nausea.
Good luck to all.  I can certainly understand and know how aggravating it is not to get definite answers and live with these symptoms
To me it sounds like a food intolerance. The stomach problems, nausea, grumbling, bloating.. the docs call it IBS, but it's their way of saying they have no clue what it is.. they tell you to eat more of this or that but what they should be doing is telling you what you shouldn't be eating... GRAINS, Gluten is the biggest culprit for these problems... but other food intolerances can be the culprit.. start with cutting out gluten/wheat from your diet, see if it helps.. you can follow an elimination diet or do something like the paleo diet. You cut out a lot of foods but I guarantee you, you'll feel better in no time and will quickly start figuring out which foods are bothering you when you add them back in slowly. There's no reason, health wise that anyone should be consuming wheat. It's not good for you and has been so genetically modified that has created so many health problems because we can no longer digest the wheat anymore. If this helps even just one person on here stop suffering it was worth writing this post. I suffered from IBS for years, stomach was loud, I didn't have nausea but rumbling, gurgling, bloating, sharp pains in my stomach. It has gone away... change what you eat and you'll feel like a million bucks and won't have to take medicine that only has side effects..
Thanks. I don't even know what gluten is. Can you help with diet suggestions?  I was sick all last night and again this morning.  Stomach and intestines bad rumbling, bloating and nausea.
Have taken Gas-X, my Xanax and the antibiotic Xifaxan the doctor has me on again for bacterial overgrowth.
Actually, yesterday I had a capsule endoscopy done and had to fast from the day before. I could finally drink clear liquids and take meds at 10:00 am. I just took the Gas-X and my Xanax. I could have some soup and crackers and clear liquids at 1:00 pm.  Cut ally, I did not have gas or bloating or nausea. Test was done at 5:00 pm.  I again had chicken soup with some bread and butter and my iced Carmel coffee, nothing after that.  Around 2:30 am, my stomach started up, then the bloating and nausea.  Still feel that way now.  I don't know what is causing this but it is daily and I am confined to home.
I am 16 and I have been suffering from the exact same problems for nearly 5 years... I have IBS and I think that's what relates to the sudden nausea. When your start to digest its common to have nausea with IBS. And its in the morning because your stomach is just now starting to work again. Because you don't digest as fast or as much when you sleep. I haven't found a cure... I take fiber... Seems to help with IBS but not with nausea... :(
Hello, everybody. My name is Nastia. I am from Russia. My the worst problem is the constant nausea ( 8 months). My diagnosis is GERD and IBS, I can`t to live so more. I suffer from all it. I am not able to sleep, to eat. I am bad. I feel awfull. All docs say that I am healthy, and problem is in my head. I don`t believe  they are right. I worry about fixed belch too. I am beside myself with it.  Please help me. What can I do?
Hi everyone.
I have suffered from IBS for the past seven years, i was bloated, in pain, nauseous, had diarrhea at times and then soon after constipated..  I literally went to the toilet between 8-10 times a day with a normal bowel movement.

I have been for scans, x-rays and a gastroscopy. From my experience i am sure i will be able to help everyone with there IBS and how to control it...

The one thing that makes your IBS worse is STRESS, try doing some exercise to take your frustrations out or take some calmets (herbal).  

For pain i honestly suggest drops that are called ibergast, they work so well with pain (it is herbal as well) or take tissue salts number 8, as many as you like as this is herbal as well.. It will help relax your stomach and it will definitely help with your bloated tummy..

The one thing that makes you nauseous is, because your collon is so full it presses against your stomach and thats what makes you feel nauseous, so get yourself a laxitive, but do not use it too often and keep hydrated when you do (if you have diarrhea do not take a laxitive pls).

Also foods that make you bloated like junk food is not a good idea, if your IBS is bad or if you nauseous or your tummy is sore it will make it worse.

Ginger tea or lemon should help for a quick fix for nausea as well. Also take a probiotic, it balances the good and the bad bacteria we have in our stomachs.

I am not an expert but i can tell you that what i have mentioned works.  The most important thing to remember is STOP STRESSING!

Hope my advise will help those of you in pain everyday. :)
I have tried the ginger tea and it does help some but I hate tea!
My doctor is no help when it comes to meds as I have reacted to too many so have resorted to OTC meds.  I still wake up sweating and stomach starts up before I even get out of bed.  I end up usually getting up around 5:00 -6:00 am, take an Omeprazole and go back to bed.  Get up around 7:00 and take a Gas-X followed about an hour later with 1/2 Alprazolam.  That settles things down some.  I have been trying to watch what I eat and have lost about 12 lbs but don't have much appetite.  Had 2 slices of pizza the other night with olives and a little sausage and was in bad shape the next day!  I still think my insides are messed up from the bacterial overgrowth but am no better after two courses of Xifaxan,  :-(. Wish I had an answer.  
Been some time since I posted and am no better.  Still wake up around 5:00 AM with stomach grumbling and starting to hurt and sweating then the nausea and bloating start before I am even out if bed.  One specialist says rapid gastric emptying and wants to treat with BP meds.  Other Soecualist says IBS and wants to treat with Gabapentin.  I have been on the BP, low dose, med but have to watch my BP doesn't go too low and I have low BP as it is and have noticed no difference.  Tried the Gabapentin twice and felt worse.  Went yesterday for acupuncture treatment, woke up the same this morning.  Yes, this ruins your quality if life and those around you. I too have had every test. Doc at Stanford (21/2 hrs- away) wants to do a soecial 24 hr PH/bile test with the tube diwn the nose. That means two trips over there in 2 days and don't think I can get through that cause I have chronic dry mouth and throat and you can't drink or take meds.  Insurance won't pay fir an admit for this procedure and they don't do it where I live.  I am about ready to get my affairs in order.  Docs here have pretty much given up.
Hi everyone I'm 18 year old male and I've have this for about 5 years now and the doctor has put it down to stress causing IBS and won't do anything for me. All he does is give me different tablets and says its all in your head come back in a month. I usually feel better when I don't have a BM but if I do they can keep coming all day or stop. I don't know what tomorrow will bring so I never make any plans to go out my social life is going down the drain and I keep having days off work. Because of how long I've had it I get nervous about going anywhere and a lot of the time stay at home. In the last 3 months I keep losing weight and putting it back on rapidly. I'm now down to my lowest weight of 2 stone lighter because I don't eat due to being nervous about how ill feel the next day. I had a colonoscopy yet they only did 40% due to pain and then said everything was normal:( has anyone got anything that could help??? Thanks
Hi. Sounds very similar to what i experience. I find slippery elm very good and get it from Holland and Barrett. Avoid alcohol and smoking like the plague. Fennel tea and honey is very soothing too. Try not to eat spicey stuff too often and above all try not to worry too much about it. I really believe that a lot of the symptoms are made worse by worry . IBS will  not kill you so the less you worry the less it will affect you and will clear up quicker.
Jerry.
Update.  I did post on the GI boards but will post here and try to be brief.
Had been having daily problems with nausea, just about house bound and miserable.  Multiple tests.  Was told I had an emptying problem and IBS.  Was on various meds, none of which really helped and just felt worse.
Last specialist I saw for yet another opinion at Stanford felt I did not have a gastric emptying issue and she trained under the doctor who tested me.  She did not agree with the meds I was on either.  She did prescribe a new med and suggested ginger and acupuncture, which I have had before fir sciatic problems. We have an excellent acupuncture doctor here who is also an MD.  Long story short, have been going for about 5-6 weeks for treatment.  He told me to juice some fresh ginger root with honey and warm water and drink twice a day.i don't have a juicer so use a garlic press to get about a Tlbs of the ginger liquid.  Well, I have had next to no nausea fir about 3 weeks, little stomach pain and my stools are almost normal.  I have stopped 2 medications.  I am so hoping this is the remedy that is working after months of feeling sick daily.
The Stanford doctor also told me to eat Activia  daily.
Might be worth a try.  Nothing that can hurt you.
I am 14 years old and have been diagnosed with IBS mine is mainly because I have anxiety attacks so I'm constantly stressing out about something .. My symptoms are nausea headaches heartburn/acid reflux And weight loss , I've felt like this for 4 months and lost a little over 15 pounds, I was worried about how much weight I lost but my doctor said I shouldn't worry to much about it.. This stomach issue scares me everyday so my anxiety level is way up so I believe that's what keeps the nausea because the main cause of IBS is stress and anxiety because your stomachs nerves react to your brain and when your stressed out it tells you to pretty much panic.. My mom gets really Bad stress and ends up getting sick, I don't get sick I just get really nauseous. When I kin of get my mind off of it all then it seems to go away a little bit but when I sit and focus on it then it just comes back and gets worse, which is horrible since I'm a student.
I am just about to try this ginger relief. I have had nausea constantly for 6 weeks. All day every day. Made better by eating for around 90 minutes then back full force. I have already been on activia every day for last three years. I have been diagnosed with acid reflux and IBS but as I get older I just suffer worse. I have reacted to various anti nausea meds so not on anything right now. Taking pariet for the acid.

This flare up has happened to me three years on the trot, and each time I suffer for about 4-6 months then it goes away! That's what puzzles me....it goes away for months then comes back again. I don't have H-pylori. Obviously when I have no symptoms I am able to eat anything and everything but then I crash and the nausea and bloating is terrible.
Gastroenterologists in the UK tend to make very light of all the nausea...they don't understand how debilitating it can be. Mine is always worst in the mornings, lasts about 3 hours after I have got up and when it comes back later in the day it isn't as bad as the mornings.

I feel the exact same way! :( I'm even becoming depressed over this because i feel like I'm missing out on life because all i wanna do is stay home because if i get sick id rather b home! Ive been to the doctors over 10 times and they cant seem to find a problem! I take Prilosec and i have noticed it makes me feel a little better but not fully better. This has become an everyday thing for me and if it doesn't go away idk what I'm gonna do id rather not live! Im down to 89 pounds. I used to weight 98... Im going crazy! Im thinking about going to a psychiatrist to see if maybe its all in my head but i really doubt it! I know something is physically wrong with me! :,( but no ones seems to know what it is. :( :( :( :( i also suffer from constipation and im always ALWAYS BLOATED. :( i also got prescribed medicine for my nausea and it works only sometimes. :/ HELP!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot believe that this is the first time I have seen this page. I have been searching the web for the last few months about the constant nausea and this is the first time I have seen this. I am 17 and have been nauseous for over a year and a half. It has been constant and the only relief I get is by taking 8mg of zofran everyday around the clock. I started at a gastro specialist who did an upper GI which he put me on prilosec because of GERD. After that, he said that there was nothing else he could do and sent me to my family doctor. When I went to see my family doctor, he had me get a pelvic and abdominal ultrasound.  When he didn't find anything, he said that it was all in my head and sent me to a therapist. Now I do have to admit some of it could have been caused by stress and anxiety but it didn't help. I then saw a ENT because my mom thought it could have been caused by the hole that i have had in my eardrum since i was little. After having ear surgery in December, I still had no relief. Then I saw a neurologist who also thought it could be my body working over time from being anxious. After seeing two more gastro doctors, no one could help me. The last gastro doctor I saw decided that it was time to check my gallbladder, since there was also a family history of issues with the gallbladder.  After doing a scan that involved dye, they found that my gallbladder was working less than 13%. I just had my gallbladder taken out on Wednesday of last week. I am still nauseous,  but my mother said she was nauseous the first week after having hers taken out. So I will let you all know if that was the "cure" or if I am starting at square one again.
I have been having IBS flare ups for years but this last episode has lasted now for nearly a month.  Everyday I have stomach ache, nausea but never sick, dizziness and bad stomach rumbles.  I have tried cutting out various foods but nothing seems to make any difference, I have peppermint tea but am not really wanting to take drugs as these have side effects and I do not want to add to my problems.
Doctors say it could be stress but the only stress I have is feeling like this every day    Help
I found out yesterday that with ibs it doesnt have to be what you have just eaten it can be something you ate the day before that triggers it, hope this helps.
Please do keep us updated! I've wondered the same thing and they did an ultrasound but didn't see swelling, perhaps I need futher tests..
I am the same as everyone.And it does go away for a while.My family/boyfriend id say think im making it up at this stage.I noticed lately I burp a lot but I would have only had a glass of water or a cup of tea.Gurgling really loud,i sometimes feel as if mayb its hunger but its not.motillium 3 times a day is the only thing that works.and like a lot of you I also suffer or used to with IBS.I HAVE  very bad constipation all my friends used to be horrified at the size of my belly really bloated and hard all the time.I do suffer with anxiety too.I wonder are these all related?I have puked with it only bile comes up or is left lodged in my throat.I would like to find out what it is,doctors don't seem to know.   Thanks :)
lala...i am like this also...i wake up and i am hurtn in my tummy and nauseated...i am nauseated all day everyday..it is taking its toll on me...i cannot do anything,if i go somewhere i am afraid im gonna get sik,it is really bad!!! i had a colonoscopy and all done and it was normal..and of course they say its ibs,but i think thats what docs say that are lazy and dont want to do more work to find the problem...have u found out what the prob is yet?
I am not sure what I have either.  Been diagnosed with IBS, SIBO and a motility disorder,  saw 3 GI doctors.  Aside from that nightmare if a story, I am again having horrible bloating, one day of horrible pain, on and off since then and nausea.  Have had the nausea problem for quite a while.  I also wake up with it.  Had problems with meds prescribed.  The one thing that will help is Pepto Bismol, but you can't use that a lot if you get constipated.  I will take 15 ml which helps.
However, a doctor I saw at Stanford suggested ginger and honey and acupuncture.  This was about 8 months ago.  I started drinking that about 3 times a day, or sip on it throughout the day.  I also started acupuncture and after about a week, I was able to enjoy a meal and actually go out once in a while.
Not sure what the problem us now, but I am again drinking the ginger and honey and it is keeping the nausea at bay.
No acupuncture as it is the Holiday weekend.
I recommend you change your diet there are certain food combinations that you're not supposed to eat together which can increase the likelihood of having nausea Google food combinations to get a list
Hi Everybody, it's been a while since I checked this site but just had a read through of all the comments over the past years. On the one hand it's really reassuring to know that I'm not alone and other people suffer with my symptoms, on the other it's so frustrating that there are so many of us and the doctors in general aren't particularly helpful.

I definitely still have symptoms and I worry that they'll never completely go away, but there are things which can improve things like probiotics, digestif tea and stress management rather than taking streams of pills.

I'm curious to know whether anybody has discovered any really helpful alternative therapies or stress management tecniques? I know lots of people recommend yoga but I can't get to grips with it and find it a bit boring.

Thanks for all your responses and good luck to everybody!
One other thought....probably a controversial one. I had appendicitis earlier this year and had my appendix removed. Since removal of the appendix I have generally felt a lot healthier. I don't suppose there's any way that my appendix could have been causing trouble to my health in a general way before the appendicitis struck? Obviously removal of the appendix is a bit of an ordeal so I wouldn't recommend it but just wondering if anybody else has experienced anything similar?
I sufffered from constant nausea for 4 years. Saw over 30 doctors and had numerous tests but nobody had any ideas. Then finally saw a doctor who said he could help and he put me on Duloxetine which is an anti depressant even though I am not depressed and even though he told me that I wasn't depressed. He explained that this would enables certain chemicals in the brain to give the digestive system a boost and get the 'software' working again. It worked and I started to improve from day one. Tat was 2.5years ago and I am 95% better.
Ive been living with IBS for about half a year now, and the "iberogast" just doesn't work. which is supposed to relieve symptoms.
My symptoms are abdominal pain, bloating (bad), nausea, constipation and very gassy  
I just can't seem to control any of these
someone please help  
I am 18 years old and have been experiencing this exact thing for maybe 4 to 5 years now.. its so annoying to constantly feel nauseous. It hits me bad in the morning that's why I have been prescribed this medication called lanzaprozale. Funny that the medicine just makes me feel worse but after it wears off i have maybe 2 to 3 hours of peace. I have been to countless doctors that just say its just acid reflux,but a little thing inside me is saying it is something more. I have had an edoscopy done,but everything showed up normal with a bit irritation due to acid. I feel your pain when it comes to this becoming an obstacle. I used to be in sports and well now it just causes me to not try,when I'm out with friends I have to suffer through the fun night with stomach aches and feeling sick, and my sleep has been ruined. It usually takes me about 2 hours to get to knock out and I have to sleep completely sitting up to feel comfortable..I'm just eliminating alot of foods that irritate my stomach,take my medicine as regularly as I can,and eat better. It's nice to know I am not alone
I recently just started having this issue as well. It is completely debilitating. I am horribly depressed because of it.(the depression didn't cause this) This is coming from a very healthy 135 pound 22 year old, who just landed an awesome job seven months ago. Now I have been off work and working from home for going on the third week. I fear I will lose my job soon, and my medical insurance. I can't do anything anymore, used to be an extrovert, lots of friends, and went to see concerts constantly. I stay in and am a hermit now because i cant really even go out without horrible crippling nausea. I have had an endoscopy done, i have esophagus damage as well as a hiatal hernia. I'm down nearly ten pounds in a month. This is weight i cannot afford, as I have been thin my entire life. The course of treatment they have me on is omeprazole and xanax as needed for the anxiety that this is now causing. I am debating Lexapro to take the anxiety out of the equation. Or at least help. Has anyone has any success on any good and relatively inexpensive anti emetic meds?
Hi there,

I wasn't ever intending to post on this thread but I was really struck by how remarkably similar your story is to mine.

I'm 23, always been super healthy in the past, landed the dream job four months ago, and up until two weeks ago had been completely unable to function like a normal human being and go to work due to crippling, unabating nausea (although never actually vomit). I had the same fears of losing my job, and the same horrible transformation from extrovert to hermit.

Tests haven't been very helpful so far, my everything-levels are normal, I'm scheduled in for an appointment with a gastro specialist but NHS waiting lists are /long/.

I too was on omeprazole and it did nothing for me - my doctor has shifted me on to Nexium (esomeprazole) which is a stronger dosage and seems to be bringing improvements.

However, my absolute biggest recommendation would be to get hold of some Motilium (domperidone), its an anti-nausea medication and its done wonders for me. I can still feel that my stomach isn't 'right' but the nausea has almost completely gone and I have been able to return to work and feel less anxious about my job stability.

Becky x