Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Is this IBS?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Is this IBS?

I've had constipation issues in early childhood and often was scared to go to the bathroom. I've been rid of them for quite some time. I've also had severe anxiety, fear for health and dying, worry, stress, panic attacks, and depression for six to seven months and have had quite a few "health" problems. However, I think this one is real. For a few weeks, I've went from one bowel movement that was like water, and now I've been going through some bowel movements that seem normal, and then the next day just some little hard pellets. Then it can appear normal the next day. Or a few little hard pellets again. One day I had a hard movement that looked grey in some spots. When I have the hard ones, I strain and feel lightheaded, and still feel like there is something that is not coming out, and 30 minutes later I get one more little hard pellet. I also have been taking stool softeners for about 2 weeks. I also have a poor diet that consists pretty much solely of processed garbage, and have pretty much my whole life. I may not drink enough water. I woke up this morning with a lot of gas (I also have a lot of gas) and was sweating and felt like I was going to die. I don't think I really feel a normal urge to go...just gas and sometimes palpitations. My upper back also feels funny, but it may be the anxiety. I go to the bathroom and...little pellets. No one wants to take me to the doctor because of my apparently imagined problems in the past and I fear something may be seriously wrong. I just have no idea what in the world it is. I am eighteen, male, and 6'2 and 165 pounds.

Anxiety can cause many very real medical symptoms.  Your description of watery stools to hard pellets plus gas sounds like you very well may have irritable bowel syndrome though a doctor should check into things and find out.  You might look and see if you are taking medications if any can cause constipation- it's a common side effect with a number of prescription drugs.  

Why not ask your parents/guardian to take you to your primary care doctor because you need help with regularity issues?  If you could list your symptoms and hand them to the doctor and ask if he/she would prescribe a regimen that would help with these uncomfortable symptoms (telling them what you've already tried) or if they'd refer you to a gastroenterologist specialist, if they would rather do that, that would be what I hope you could do.  

You say you are eating processed garbage- which says to me you do not think you are eating the right things- are there steps you can take to improve this situation?
Your diet pretty much explains your problems, Processed foods are loaded with preservatives, fat and salt. all of which are no good for the digestive system and/or your Colon, A little fiber every day will balance out and regulate the stools, also I would advise a trip to a local health food store and get a good Probiotic, Jarrow brand has a count of good digestive bacterias that your system needs for digetion. You have to realize processed foods are un- natural for the digestive system,solidified fat is one of the hardest things to digest, it just clogs up your system like lard would clog up a drain. You also have to stop forcing a BM, you could do damage to your colon, and when you do push hard, you restrict the canal and cause the muscles to tighten, and this even makes it harder to pass stool,you should wait until ready, the take deep breaths and relax, it will happen when you are ready, in addition when you get a little older forcing will cause Hemoroids. You need green vegitables, or add any vegitable to a dinner, if worst come to worst, make dishes with black beans, you can make your own balck bean Chili, Black beans are loaded with fiber and creates very little gas. Also, if you get constipated, keep a bottle of natural Prune Juice in the fridge, and just drink about 4 ounces at dinner time. It works better than any laxative and is good for you. Google foods containing fiber. If you still have issues after two months of eating right, then I would see a Gastroenterologist for an exam. Although again, I think all your issues stem from a bad diet. Good Luck FTB4
Hello TruthSeeker, I know someone that can help you with this problem.
If you read the Book: You Gotta Have Guts, all your problems will be resolved.
Dr. Victoria Bowmann, the author of the book, helped me with my digestive problem using natural methods.