Is this SIBO?Plz help I am dying!!
From the month of August this year I am having weird symptoms. It never ever happened to me anytime before. First constipation started and then started never ending gas because of which I am suffering so much as I cannot sit and work in my office or go out with friends and family. I had two endoscopies and two biopsies which confirmed that my duodenum and stomach doesn not have ulcer and was very normal and I did not have any H.Pylori. I was given pancreatic enzyme capsules which did not help much. I have this slight bloating sensation as well but my main problem is gas. I do not wish to go back to my GI because he is insisting me for another endoscopy which is of no use and the next nearest GI is 120kms away.
So can any of you please let me know if this is SIBO? The other thing is that if I do not eat fiber supplements, I get pellets like stool the next day which is shiny and I have to go to the bathroom atleast 5times in the morning to empty my stomach even after which i feel like i havent emptied and I also get hell lot of gas.
Since pancreatic enzyme tablets did not help much, I assume that my pancreas are okay. Is there any test that I can do at home to confirm if it is indeed SIBO? I need your valuable feedback. Please help me.
Also can i take antibiotics for SIBO and see if the problem goes away?Is it safe to take antibiotics without being diagnosed?