Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Is this more than IBS?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Is this more than IBS?

I am a 43 yo female with a 25 year history of IBS. My IBS has always been IBS-C.  About a year ago I started having loose stools.  They have increased steadily in frequency. For the last 2 months I cannot eat anything without having a movement.  I'm to the point of being afraid to eat if I am not near a restroom. I cannot pass any gas without fecal matter coming out. If I just think I have to urinate, 90% of the time I will have some leakage from the rectum.  Last July I had a stool smear for blood and there was none. I have a lot of abdominal pain on my right side from my rib cage all the way to my groin.  It can be severe at times.
Tags: stool, IBS
my symptoms are almost like you. it is last 5 months, dull pain in the right and everyday bloating and a lot of odorles gas. are your symptopms occuring everyday?
yes. My pain is more sharp & burns at times, but constant, the intensity varies, but its always there. I'm wondering if its more than IBS.  Seems like IBS usually caused pain on the left for me, but I have always had IBS-C... this is definitely not constipation. Do you have IBS?
were  your ibs symptoms ocurig everyday?
To get your first leap of relief you must quit all wheat,Rye and dairy products and you will not get relief until you can stay off those products for 21 DAYS, and if you slip up once you have to wait 21 more days until that garbage is out of your system !  IBS ***** !   Also dont eat raw veggies, always steam them good, eat very little fruit in the morning only, the only grains you can eat are buckwheat,red rice,brown rice,amarath and Quinoa which is the worlds only plant based protein to provide all 9  essential amino acids. Beyond my general advice it would be best for you to seek a dietician that specializes in IBS because they know exactly what veggies and fruits you can and cannot have, nuts,beans legumes etc ... but yeah you have must go gluten free !
Before you seek us dieticians for this IBS (which I am not advertising for) I personally advise as a dietician to get an IBS diagnosis from a gastro intestinal specialist DOCTOR , M.D  before treating an assumed disease .  but if you know for a fact you have IBS then you are 100 % for sure gluten free bound for starters and more diet restrictions beyond when you find your diet specialist , rest assured
Yes. I feel miserable no matter what I eat or don't eat. Lying down, sitting up, standing. Burning, stabbing pain under my ribs down to my belly button, can hardly breath at times. I went to the GI. He is doing a colonoscopy & upper EG in a couple weeks. Do you know if Crohn's feels like this?
I have the same symptoms as you and dull pain under upper right quadrant.
have a lot of gas and bloating. these symptoms can be due to a lot of reasons including chron.