Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Is this pain possibly my gallbladder or IBS

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

I just want to know if anyone else suffers from the same kind of pain that I experience.  For about a year and a half now I have had much gas, bloating, and pain on my right side.  Sometimes I have pain around my belly button and to the left, but most of the time now my pain is on the right of my belly button.  It is not bad in the mornings, but by afternoon (especially if I am up doing something) the pain is there.  I have had testing done to see if docs could figure it out.  I have had 2 catscans done, an ultrasound, a hydroscan, colonoscopy, and endoscopy done.  All of which have come back negative.  So the doctor said that I might have IBS.  He put me on some medication to help, but now all of the gas and bloating are pretty much gone except I still have the stomach pain.  I would like to know if anyone could help me out?????????  PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I do not think that it is IBS because,  I only have loose stools once in a while(not very often)  I think that it is something to do with my gallbladder or pancreas.  Am I Wrong???

Ann
Tags: IBS
I have pain in my left side, left hip, lower back, over right buttock, low abdominal and sometimes a 'heavy' feeling.  I have been diagnosed with possible Chrohn's disease (negative) IBS, arthiritis, and have had many tests over the last 3 and a half years - ct scan, endoscopy, barium xrays etc etc.  The Doc now thinks it is rheumatism!!!  I am overweight (not hugely) and am trying to lose it.  I did lose 2 stone a few years ago and the pains seemed to diminish.  I get the gas, the bloating and the painful wind and sometimes loose stools but no-one seems to know the cause.  The pain in my left side is a daily pain, the hip is worse when stretched.  I also get pain in the left groin area.  Please know, you are not the only person suffering all this!!!!  I have been told my pancreas is fine, liver/womb/ovaries/kidneys all fine. I am giving up now and concentrating on eating extremely healthily and losing weight to see if that makes a difference.
I get some of the similiar pains and I recently was diagnosed with endometriosis which is with your uterus. The pain is usually around the belly button but it does move around. It is much worse during periods and I get alot of pain after having sex. I don't know if you get all these symtoms (symptoms) but you might want to read up on it. They say some ppl think they have IBS with this cause some of the pains can be similiar. Also alot of ppl go for years miss diagnosing this. I would diffeniatly read up on it if i was you, but the only way for them to be for sure if this is what you have is to have surgery. so make sure you have alot of the symptoms. Maybe that is what is going on with you and you are just looking into the wrong system. let me know if this has helped you any.