Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Leaky Bowels! HELP!
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Leaky Bowels! HELP!

I need some help because my doctor doesn't seem to be much of a help to me at all. I feel like he doesn't listen to me very well.... here's the symptoms and background....

2 years ago I was on antibiotics for a sinus infection and immediately following (directly factored to or not) I started having burning and itching every time I made a bowl movement. At first I was confused and let it pass as just crumby diet, etc. I then started to notice that after a healthy movement there was liquid stool leaking from my anus. Sometimes it is bad sometimes not so much, but no matter how healthy I eat the problem persists. It causes a lot of pain and at times I notice blood on my toilet paper (not a large amount). It's almost like the skin is being burnt by acid. Not only is it painful it can be a huge hindrance on many areas of my personal life.

I'm lost. Please let me know if this sounds like something anybody knows about!

thanks!