Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Lower abdominal pain, bloating, and constipation...IBS? Help!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

For the past couple of weeks I have been suffering from constipation, extreme bloating and lower abdominal pain. I am so bloated and uncomfortable all day and night. I haven't had my usual appetite lately either, today the only thing I ate was a sandwich and I still feel so full with constant throbbing pain mainly in my lower left abdomen but sometimes my right. It was so bad that yesterday I went to the walk-in and had x-rays done. Nothing unusual was spotted except a large amount of feces. I have not had a BM in about 8 days with the exception of taking bisacodyl on Monday (it made me have diarrhea, it was terrible!). The doctor suggested that I take Miralax. I have taken it for two days now and still no BM. Bloating and pain still present. I usually have a normal diet and drink tons of water. I don't smoke, don't drink caffeine, and only have alcohol on special occasions. My fluid intake is very good. What could possibly be wrong? Is it IBS? Anyone use Miralax?