Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
MOST DISGUSTING IBS post ever...you've been warned

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Okay.  I am very embarrassed about this but I had to tell someone because it is freaking me out.  I am almost positive I have IBS...I have all the symptoms, and I have OCD/anxiety which is normally associated with IBS.  However since I cut wheat out of my diet it has been slightly better. IBS also runs in my family, as does lactose intolerance and gluten intolerance.

Anyway, today I felt FINE until I had lunch, which was just chicken that I've had before.  A few hours later, I felt a "troublesome" fart coming on, which felt like it might turn into a shart, so I rushed to the bathroom.  Much to my disgust, I farted and a bunch of yellowish mucus came out, then some poop (but I still had a constipated feeling...it wasn't diarrhea).  The same thing happened 2 more times in the next 2 hours.  What's going on?  Has this happened to any of you?  I'm no stranger to bizarre poop incidents but this seems really weird.  The only other explanation I can think of is that last night I had some shrimp which I think may have been left out for a while because it was take-out.  It's possible that was slightly "off"?  Any ideas?  
I've had it before. Usually it's when I've eaten very little, or when I have flares (it was really bad when I was doing my colonoscopy prep..) From what I've been told by my doctor it's from digestive track irritation. We all have mucous in our GI track, but for people with IBS you see it more in your stool. Have you been seen by a GI doctor at all?
Hi ,
I have had abdominal pain and clear mucus discharge for about 13 months. I saw 2 different doctors, both diagnosed me with IBS. I refused to accept it because it didn't seem right (I have read a lot about IBS). I went for a 3rd opinion and after endoscopy my 3rd doctor (who I believe is genius) , found the reason (of course, he tested the tissue first)- it is helicobacter gastritis. terrible virus, but is curable with 2 different antibiotics for 14 days. If goes untreated, it becomes cancerous. PLEASE don't settle for IBS when it comes to mucus discharge, seek another opinion and have them tested you for helicobacter virus. I wanted to share this info as I searched the web in hope of answeres and didn't find anything.