Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Miralax???
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Miralax???

I have several symptoms-mucousy discharge without BM, irregular BM's, sometime 20 minutes apart, sometimes normal size, sometimes small pea size. Between2 -7 times a day but BM's everyday for sure. Could Miralax help me become more regular, as in 2-3 BM's a day without the gas, mucous, and tiny BM's in between? Any sugestions much appreciated. Thanks!
Tried Citrucel, seemed to work at first then tapered off.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
My 12 year old son suffers from Encopresis.  He's been taking Miralax, down from two to one capful now, for almost a year and it really has made a big difference in his life.

I really think the Miralax commercial needs to be revised, you only show women and my son is proof that not only women take or need this drug.  He feels a little embarrassed thinking he is taking a "girls only" medication.

Please think about putting men and maybe children on a commercial?

Thank you.
Blank
Hey ottoibs,

Miralax definitely helps with becoming regular!  It takes a bit for your body to get used to but I highly recommend trying it.
Blank
I saw a gastroenterologist last week who prescribed the over the counter Miralax. I started taking it Friday night I did have a decent movement this morning (Sunday) and felt pretty good for 8 hours or so. I plan to take it twice a day for a while and see if I improve.
Blank
why does the bottle say on Miralax consult your physican if you have IBS?
Blank
Has anyone tried Miralax for kids with autism and gut issues?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...