Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
More than IBS ?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

More than IBS ?

My name is James. I have had pains and gastrointestinal problems since 1-22-2006. As brief as possible, my work was as a plumbing technician. Had been exposed to all types of waste products, this includes but not limited to well water, spring water, irrigation water, cities water, city sewer, septic sewer, treatment ponds, medical waste and medical labs, many types of enclosed areas that have had leaks and infestations of mold and fungus. Most of this work was performed in a country setting. My problems started with a planters wart on my left foot. Persistent and frozen many times to remove. Soon after these treatments diagnosed with H. Pylori for upset stomach and lower left quadrant pains. Being allergic to penicillin was treated for the infection for three months with three different types of antibiotics a month. In this process I had my gum line tooth enamel receded causing a ridge on the teeth at the gum line. Had an MRI with the intravenous dye. Also a CT and barium X-ray. A cyst was noted on my left kidney. Soon after a colon and upper scope my eyes became irritated and red. Besides cyst no other visible problems besides some inflammation and a few small polyps removed. My digestive symptoms are constant pain predominately in the lower left quadrant , gas, bloating, malodorous and soft stool. Regardless of dietary changes the stool is always a strong malodorous and a paste like consistency. The inflammation is spreading outward from this area to my groin, back, chest and joints. Having dry and irritating soars on my scalp and chest. Starting to have nerve damage to certain areas? Having a numbness and tingling of the genitalia, tongue, lips and feet. Also a burning and freqent urination begining to trouble me. All this is IBS?