Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Needs Some help...Not sure if it is IBS

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Needs Some help...Not sure if it is IBS

Hello
I am new here and just trying to find out someinfo as I am getting a little worried about my sympthoms...I have daily bowel movements usually in the morning 1 or 2 times a day...They are not consistent as they range from normal to loose...I get a twinge in my lower left abdomen and can feel it more when I sit...I also get bloated at times with belching...I have a umbilical hernia which I was told to loose 20 lbs before I get it repaired...I have no lose of appetite...I do suffer from anxiety which does not help the stomach matter...I use to take cymbalta which I came off of in Nov last year...My stomach issues started in Dec....Most of the discomfort is below the naval...No really sharp pains ...any help would be appreciated...I do see a specialist in 2 weeks and they are going to do a endoscopy blood work and ultra sound..Thanks
No sugar, no caffeine,,no alchohol,no fruit,no gluten,no negative fats no cow dairy products,no synthetic garbage .....  YES Candida yeast cleanse...    YES probiotics ....   YES digestive enzymes !   Yes to fruit only months later after you kill all the Candida yeast in your gi tract ! Prepare for change ! No relief until you remain off that garbage for 21 days and if you slip up you will suffer for 21 more days  when it comes to dairy and gluten !

above all .. STAY OFF OF WHEAT !
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

With regard to your queries I’ll mention a few facts about IBS.Your bowel is a muscular tube, which stores and digests food. Irritable bowel is a disorder that affects the nerves and muscles of the bowel. This causes abdominal pain and irregular bowel movements.IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion, i.e. once all other diseases of the colon like colitis, infections, tumors etc. have been ruled out, then the diagnosis of IBS is made.

For IBS there is no cure. But it is important to remember that some symptoms may persist or recur from time to time, despite treatment, and that IBS does not cause more serious disorders nor does it require surgery at any point of time.

So, go ahead with your tests, this will help to diagnose the cause, then appropriate therapy can be planned.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.