Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
PAINFUL BOWEL MOVEMENTS!!!

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

PAINFUL BOWEL MOVEMENTS!!!

I am new to this and i am needing help asap... I am 20 years old female and i have had really painfull bowel movements since before i had my baby she is now 1yr old i dont know what i have and was wondering if maybe someone could help me.. at first the pain was tollerable and i can remember that my last year of highschool was horrible since i had to move to a class where i was allowed to leave fast at any time to go to the bathroom because i would get diarrhea and my pain was tollerable then but i do remember one time students had to carry me to my moms car cause i couldnt walk and i was taken to the hospital and they thought cause my stomach was swollen and the diarrhea it was an emergency surgery and they thought it was my appendix well it wasnt and no surgery was made and they were never able to give me a clear explenation on what i had.. so while i was pregnant with my child the diarrhea went away along with the pain but as soon as i had my baby it came back.. and it has came back to haunt me for the time it went away and now the pain is just extremly bad and since i dont have health insurance i have gone to mexico to get checked out by a dr and they told me i had IBS well they gave me medicine which did help for a while but the pain has recently came back and worst and the diarrhea too i do get some swelling in my lower stomach and in my hands and i get a tingeling numb sensation in my hands and legs as well.. i saw this show on tv on hereditary angioedema and did some research and it seemed it fit since all my symptoms were there but i dont get that bad of swelling as the pics i saw there.. and well in my research i did see that you could have lupus if you had hereditary angioedema and well my mom has lupus and its hereditary and thats also why i thought it fits.. but i was just wondering if maybe someone had any more suggestions on what i could have or what i could do to be seen by a doctor for something like this or what type of dr... thank you and i would really appreciate your input.. thank you again for reading and showing intrest in my question//blog......
  • IBS?
    I am 35 year old female. And about 3 years ago I wa...[more]
  • Hereditary (1 replies):
    Is IBS hereditary because my mother has it and i was won...[more]
Do you have endometriosis? I was wondering because I have IBS and endo, and I have the same issue with bowel movements. Pregnancy can actually make the symptoms of endo go away, that is why I am asking. Do you have bad periods (heavy, cramping?)