Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Pain on left side of abdomen/lots of gas bubbles popping

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Hi - I have had pain on the left side of my abdomen for about 4 months now. It is accompanied by tons of bubbling and gas. A lot of gas when I am able to release it.  I do not have diarreah (diarrhea), I am pretty regular and normal.  My primary had no suggestions. I will be seeing a gastro soon, has anyone had this and what was your diagnosis?  Thanks very much!
Is the left-sided pain in the upperquadrant, or the lower quadrant?

There is a very sharp 'bend' in your intestine in the upper left quadrant, near your rib area.  It is infamous for trapping gas in that area, producing varying degrees of discomfort.  There is name for this 'area' of the intestinal tract, but it escapes my mind at the moment.