Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Pain similar to period pain, IBS?
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pain similar to period pain, IBS?

Hi everyone I have posted on here before but just needed to ask this question. My Dr has suggested I could have IBS based on the symptoms of having lower back ache, dull ache in stomach down to and including the pelvis, (exactly like period pains) odd spasms and a pain in my bottom like I need to pass stools but I dont need to. (passing stools and urinating is normal, although yesterday I felt myself straining more than usual.) Does this sound like anything anyone else has had because im just frightened that they diagnose IBS for anything they arent sure about at that there could be something much more sinister going on like cancer?  This has been going on for 6 weeks now, although I had no pain for about a week in the middle of this.

Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Welcome to the IBS community!  Yes this could be IBS.  How old are you?  What tests have you had?
Blank
I am 24, ive had blood tests, rectal examination (horrible!) and general check up from my gp?
Blank
.I am 24, ive had blood tests, rectal examination (horrible!) and general check up from my gp? .
Blank
Becuase of your age this is most likely not cancer.  I would recommend you see a gastroenterologist to discuss what further tests you may need.
Blank
Phew! After a week of taking peppermint capsules I feel much better! I have been booked in for an ultrasound though, just to ease my mind.
Blank
Good, I'm glad you are feeling better.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949