Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Community
Painful gas/liquid in hepatic flexure, sometimes splenic flexure

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) issues such as: Aggravating Factors, Alternative Therapies, Anxiety, Constipation, Depression, Diagnosis, Diarrhea, Drugs, Hormonal Changes, Living With - Managing IBS, Medications – Drugs, Nutrition, Pain, Prevention, Research, Stress, Support Groups, Symptoms, Treatment

I have had this pain for over 6 months. The only relief I get is from taking laxatives and completely emptying myself out.  Whenever there is anything in the area the ruq bend of my colon (hepatic flexure) I suffer from horrible pain. It is so bad it affects my mental state.  The only relief I get is when I press on it, digging deep under my rib, the relief lasts about 10 seconds. I can hear the liquid squishing, and sometimes the pain even radiates down my ascending colon.  I can feel a large moveable lump in the ascending colon sometimes too, which the doctor says is probably gas.  Why isn't my colon pushing this stuff along, and why am I hurting whenever anything is in there?

I've tried increasing my fiber, narcotic pain meds do not help, tramadol helps a bit. Could this be candida?  The liquid sounds almost foamy sometimes when I press deep there.

Occasionally I will get relief when I feel the liquid move from the right to the left a bit, then later sometimes I will even get the ache in my left side (splenic flexure)
I have the same exact symptoms as this person above but I have been to the ER by abulence 3 times in the last week and been hospitalized for one night but noone can figure out what is wrong with me. Terrible lower abdominal cramps and nausea whenever I drink anything.

I went to see my gastroentrologist  3 days ago and he thinks it's Splenic-Flexure Syndrome. What is the treatment for that?
Medication for all the above. If you take magnesium, this helps with bowel movements. I take 1,000 MSG a day and my gastro continued me on the mag and added linzess 145 mgs a medicine designed specifically for this. I take 2 a day of the linzess. Hepatic and or splenic flexure, this is curves in your bowel, hepatic located on the right side and splenic on the left side. The top of the colon runs just below your breast bone. A good gastro should be able to diagnose and help you in a matter of minutes (diag) and days ( for relief). You must also change your diet even if you eat healthy. Water based fruits and veggies do not help you, they make the pain worse! Do not get your gall bladder out this will not help, lol!

Share
Do you know if there are any contraindications (or warnings) for the liver, when using Linzess.  In otherwords, can people who have had liver disease, safely take Linzess without it worsening their liver?